Brett Gardner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brett Gardner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brett Gardner

Postby metsfan12 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Ursa wrote:So, you two Yankee fans......thanks for the informative posts. Back to the original question - Is Gardner going to start 4 or 5 times a week or not? If he platoons, could we expect 17-18 ABs?

I'm in a very deep league (16 teams, 20 man rosters, 3 DL spots) but usually don't like to carry extra batters. However, I could really use the steals.

He is probably going to continue to start and hit 9th against righties and even if he plays vs. lefties you would be better off with someone else anyway. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't hold him in a deeper league. I have him in a competitve 12 team roto league as a backup to Bourn. Per AB Gardner has been excellent this year so keep him, play him against all righties at home and decent or worse righties on the road and make sure he is starting each time you use him. If things change that he isn't getting AB you can always drop him later but right now he is doing in 50AB per month what other speedsters are in 100AB per month.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brett Gardner

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:26 pm

I love how you decided to nit pick my post.

Montana168 wrote:
Austin Jackson has played 1 game in his entire MiLB career above double A

I love who you chose this part of the quote and left out "BEFORE" this year. He has had 2 and a half months in triple A. In no way does that make him MLB ready now, no matter what he is doing. Joba can't go to the bullpen because of his velocities problems and thats why I said, "experiment"

Come to think about it, Wang's struggles might keep it CC AJ Joba for the playoffs now.

Back to the original question no Gardner will not be a everyday starter, barring injury. He and Melky will continue to split time as Joe plays favorable matchups and rides hot hands.

While Streak has been streaking his OPS+ these past three months have been OPS + 196, OPS+ 59, OPS+ 147 for a overall OPS +128 on the year. He is not going anywhere.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates