Report: Michael Jackson Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Report: Michael Jackson Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Report: Michael Jackson Dead

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:23 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Michael Jackson's dad needs to stop speaking to the press. He was basically pimping his new record label in front of his dead son's makeshift memorial today. If that won't make you have some sympathy for Mike, nothing will %-6

?
Just because his dad is a complete twit doesn't mean we have to forgive Michael of anything. The guy had all the money in the world to hire therapists if he needed psych help.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:32 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
josebach wrote:Is that better or worse than condemning someone that is different and spewing intolerance and unacceptance from both sides of their mouths? ;-) :-b

Honestly? Ask yourself that question. I rather be aware of a bigot's hate than be lied to by one disguised as a friend. But I knew when I made a comment about the left, that they'd all come out of the woodwork with some stereotypical statements on how republicans are supposedly prejudice, or just flat out make up stuff.

So you insult half the people on the board and then feign offense when someone says something in response? :-? :-b

Stay classy San Diego! ;-D

By the way, people often can't control having bigoted views towards a group of people (like disliking liberals). Sometimes, you simply just can't control what you think. What you CAN control, however, is whether or not to vocally express that bigotry. For some reason, you'd rather "be aware of a bigot's hate"? I hate to tell you, but lying to people about their bigotry is called being civilized. What would the world be like if everybody made no effort to hide their prejudices and made bigoted comments freely and openly? Would the world be better or worse? Ask yourself that question.

BTW, I'm certainly not excluding myself from this scenario as anybody that knows me here knows I have a problem with religion. What I've learned is that by expressing my feelings, nothing good has ever come of it, just like nothing good will ever come from making insulting comments against liberals. Who knows, you might just find you like yourself more. I know I do.

For what it's worth.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:47 pm

josebach wrote:So you insult half the people on the board and then feign offense when someone says something in response? :-? :-b
What? Feign offense? Are you kidding me? Why would I make a comment and not expect people to respond back? Whatever.

I don't even want to comment on the rest. This thread had passed by all the political and pedophile talk, yet you felt the need to resurrect it. Fine, go ahead. I won't continue with it. If what I said was truly "offensive" to people, they need to get a thicker skin. It's just sad to see people who pride themselves in acceptance saying things so disrespectful and unfounded about someone. If by me pointing it out somehow alienated "half of the Cafe," so be it. They needed to be alienated. So I appreciate your criticism of what and when I speak my mind, but I'll respectfully disregard your advice. Thanks.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
josebach wrote:So you insult half the people on the board and then feign offense when someone says something in response? :-? :-b
What? Feign offense? Are you kidding me? Why would I make a comment and not expect people to respond back? Whatever.

I don't even want to comment on the rest. This thread had passed by all the political and pedophile talk, yet you felt the need to resurrect it. Fine, go ahead. I won't continue with it. If what I said was truly "offensive" to people, they need to get a thicker skin. It's just sad to see people who pride themselves in acceptance saying things so disrespectful and unfounded about someone. If by me pointing it out somehow alienated "half of the Cafe," so be it. They needed to be alienated. So I appreciate your criticism of what and when I speak my mind, but I'll respectfully disregard your advice. Thanks.

I'm curious (not really) what your issue is. I admit to not having read this thread very closely. I figured it was a lot of "glad the pedo is dead" and "he wasn't found guilty of anything" back and forth. but then you come out of left field with this.

Fade2White12 wrote:The funniest thing about this thread is that so many of the "free thinking liberals" that frequent GT are the first ones to condemn someone that is different, yet tolerance and acceptance spew from the other side of their mouths. :-b

I have no idea what you are talking about. I consider myself a liberal and wonder what I and other liberals have done to earn your scorn. I don't really care but I am just curious as to why you say that I deserve to be alienated. What's your problem with me?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:

I'm curious (not really) what your issue is. I admit to not having read this thread very closely. I figured it was a lot of "glad the pedo is dead" and "he wasn't found guilty of anything" back and forth. but then you come out of left field with this.

Fade2White12 wrote:The funniest thing about this thread is that so many of the "free thinking liberals" that frequent GT are the first ones to condemn someone that is different, yet tolerance and acceptance spew from the other side of their mouths. :-b

I have no idea what you are talking about. I consider myself a liberal and wonder what I and other liberals have done to earn your scorn. I don't really care but I am just curious as to why you say that I deserve to be alienated. What's your problem with me?

<3
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:23 pm

knapplc wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:Michael Jackson's dad needs to stop speaking to the press. He was basically pimping his new record label in front of his dead son's makeshift memorial today. If that won't make you have some sympathy for Mike, nothing will %-6

?
Just because his dad is a complete twit doesn't mean we have to forgive Michael of anything. The guy had all the money in the world to hire therapists if he needed psych help.

What are you going to forgive the guy for, making awesome music and inspiring a generation of kids to try the Moonwalk? He's not in need of anyone's forgiveness. Further, if you don't see how being hell bent on fortune and fame by way of child abuse (physical and mental) classifies him as more than just a "twit" then I've run out words for you.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

Meh he is just jealous because he can't be a free thinker. :-b
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Yoda wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Meh he is just jealous because he can't be a free thinker. :-b

Or moonwalk. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. I consider myself a liberal and wonder what I and other liberals have done to earn your scorn. I don't really care but I am just curious as to why you say that I deserve to be alienated. What's your problem with me?

Mook - we ain't got no beef.

What I would have assumed was that throwing a tiny jab at those who preach one thing yet act another would have only brought equally tongue-in-cheek responses. It didn't. It was instead met with "OMG, ur a pedophile lover!" or "Nuh uh, Republicans are worse, yada yada." I'm paraphrasing of course. Then, after all the pedo crap was all done and people were commenting more about his music and developments in his case, this dude gives me a lesson on how and when I should not speak. I'm not looking to alienate anyone. I prefer not to. Yet if my comment DID offend and alienate all the leftest people here at the Cafe that read this thread, then I'm fine with that - because if people are really going to get all up in arms about such a comment, that's pretty weak.

Metroid wrote:Or moonwalk. :-D

God knows I've tried. It just looks like I'm walking backwards. :-/
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Or moonwalk. :-D

God knows I've tried. It just looks like I'm walking backwards. :-/

You just need more practice. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod