A fire burned down my skate shop - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A fire burned down my skate shop

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A fire burned down my skate shop

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Well not mine, but a local skate shop in Stockton that I frequented since I was in high school burned to the ground along with several other businesses. Slip Skate Shop had been a staple in the skateboard community in Stockton since 1994, and some friends of mine owned it. It's really sad to know that it's all gone. They don't mention the skate shop directly in the article but it was part of the Hi and Bye Market Place. :,-(

STOCKTON, CA - Fire investigators in Stockton began the day early Saturday putting down the final flames of a midtown building fire that destroyed several businesses Friday.

Teams of Stockton firefighters remained near Harding Way and Lincoln Street most of the day Saturday, putting down remaining hot spots from the two-alarm fire that tore through most of the city block Friday afternoon, Stockton Fire Battalion Chief Michael Lilienthal said.

Lilienthal said investigators determined the fire started in the back of the building around 2 p.m. Friday, prompting evacuations as the blaze quickly swept from the Hi and Bye Market through a collection of businesses also housed in the large building.

Instability in the structure kept crews from entering the building early Saturday. A check of the building was expected to be completed Saturday to determine whether it was safe for anyone to go inside.

Linkage
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk