Beltran lands on DL. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Beltran lands on DL.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran lands on DL.

Postby mtxdevil » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:02 pm

Rotoworld:

"According to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, Carlos Beltran (right knee) is headed for the 15-day disabled list.
Mets GM Omar Minaya told reporters Monday evening that he has "hope that it's only two weeks." Beltran's MRI must have shown something abnormal. He began complaining of pain over the weekend stemming from a bone bruise below his right knee and was administered the test Monday morning."

shiaz. :-t
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltran lands on DL.

Postby mtxdevil » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Update:

"Mets placed outfielder Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list with a bruised right knee.
Another Met bites the dust. The club was hoping Beltran could play through the discomfort, but he underwent an MRI Monday morning that must have revealed something troubling. We'll update when we learn exactly what the team physicians found. Fernando Martinez and Jeremy Reed are expected to fill in."
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby battles » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 pm

sigh. just what i needed :-/ . here's wishing for a speedy recovery
battles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm

As a Mets fan and a Beltran owner, I'm utterly miserable.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby mac-unit » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 pm

I heard this when I was driving home on WFAN and I considered jerking the wheel. I don't own him in any fantasy leagues but as a Mets fan, this kills me. The Phils can't win a game and we just get more guys hurt. The good news is that FMart will now get non-pressure playing time since we aren't winning this season.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:19 pm

mac-unit wrote:I heard this when I was driving home on WFAN and I considered jerking the wheel. I don't own him in any fantasy leagues but as a Mets fan, this kills me. The Phils can't win a game and we just get more guys hurt. The good news is that FMart will now get non-pressure playing time since we aren't winning this season.

Unless Omar decides to panic and trade FMart....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:14 am

OF Carlos Beltran was placed on the disabled list after an MRI on Monday showed that a bone bruise in Beltran's right knee that was discovered a month ago doubled in size. Beltran said it was too painful to continue playing with the injury, especially if it was going to continue to worsen. "This is an injury that might take 15 days. It might take a little bit longer. It depends how fast I heal," Beltran said. "It's difficult because of the situation where we are. Right now, basically, David Wright is the only guy that is out there and playing every day. (Jose) Reyes out, (Carlos) Delgado, myself -- I've never been on a team where a lot of guys get hurt, and for a long period of time. At the same time I'm happy I know what I have and I don't have to go through surgery. I know, with rest, I'll be back."

A bone bruise in Beltran's right knee that was discovered a month ago doubled in size?????

I mean, if they discover their star outfielder has a bone bruise, you would think that the trainers might keep a close eye on it, and with that in mind, I'm confused as to why it took them a month to notice that it is growing in size, and is, in fact, twice as big now.

Maybe theres a reason why the Mets have so many injuries... if this is the way they take care of their injured players.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Check out the Beltran info in ESPN's Injury report blog, it sounds like he could easily be out until sometime in the second half of July.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/ind ... _stephania
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby D.Piston » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Anyone hear anything about Beltran possibly having surgery after a 2nd opinion? I'm getting nervous. This might cost my team major set backs. :~(
D.Piston
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mac-unit » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:14 am

WFAN Broadcast of the game, they said Beltran said it's likely he will be out until August
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates