Mexi-can't? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mexi-can't?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mexi-can't?

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:45 am

Got told today that our bus trip to Tijuana (in September) has been cancelled because of swine flu.

Has anyone else tried to go to Mexico lately and failed?

I'm happy about it, it was my g/f's idea and I wasn't particularly excited about going. ;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mexi-can't?

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 am

AussieDodger wrote:Got told today that our bus trip to Tijuana (in September) has been cancelled because of swine flu.

I'm happy about it, it was my g/f's idea and I wasn't particularly excited about going. ;-7

I still don't understand why ANYONE on earth would want to go to mexico. Especially a Bus Trip!! to Tijuana! GOOD LORD!! Now there are some off the beaten path spots in Mexico that are "nice" but overall Mexico is a corrupt and dirty country with high crime.

I'd choose the Carribean over Mexico any day even though the Murder rate is way higher in the Caribbean (mostly Jamaica).

My cousin canceled his trip though when the flu stuff started breaking
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:06 pm

be thankful. you can't pay me to go to TJ.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:18 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:be thankful. you can't pay me to go to TJ.

Yea seriously Tijuana?!?!? Who booked that trip? sounds terrifying.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:20 pm

acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:50 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:be thankful. you can't pay me to go to TJ.

I've gone there only a handful of times, last time being nine years ago. I have mixed thoughts about TJ, but for the most part, I'd just pass it on by for Cabo.

Last I heard, I believed it was deemed safe to travel to Mexico about almost a month ago, as far as the swine flu goes. However, it's not advisable to travel to Mexico these days (I think especially Baja) because of a spike in drug cartel-related violence, even in the resort towns.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Got told today that our bus trip to Tijuana (in September) has been cancelled because of swine flu.

I still don't understand why ANYONE on earth would want to go to mexico. Especially a Bus Trip!! to Tijuana! GOOD LORD!! Now there are some off the beaten path spots in Mexico that are "nice" but overall Mexico is a corrupt and dirty country with high crime.

I'd choose the Carribean over Mexico any day even though the Murder rate is way higher in the Caribbean (mostly Jamaica).

The resorts in Mexico are gorgeous. Huatulco is paradise.
Tijuana though, I agree.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Tijuana though, I agree.

See but thats the thing the Resorts everywhere are paradise. It's not even close to being an authentic experience. You can go to a resort ANYWHERE and they are all exactly the same.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Tijuana though, I agree.

See but thats the thing the Resorts everywhere are paradise. It's not even close to being an authentic experience. You can go to a resort ANYWHERE and they are all exactly the same.

Oh, not true at all.
Cuban resorts are depressing and Jamaican resorts are sad unless you pay a small fortune. The DR is very nice and the other smaller carribean islands are nice but expensive and crowded. Huatulco is a cluster of isolated unspoiled bays on the southern pacific side of Mexico that are just paradise. Pristine beaches, crystal clear water, great food, uncrowded and just a very happy place.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Tijuana though, I agree.

Oh, not true at all.
Cuban resorts are depressing and Jamaican resorts are sad unless you pay a small fortune. The DR is very nice and the other smaller carribean islands are nice but expensive and crowded. Huatulco is a cluster of isolated unspoiled bays on the southern pacific side of Mexico that are just paradise. Pristine beaches, crystal clear water, great food, uncrowded and just a very happy place.

Are you allowed outside of the gates? I like the smaller places to tell you the truth. Spent my honeymoon in Montserrat WI and Antigua. Antigua our hotel was next to Sandels which was an eye sore. Montserrat we rented a house and basically did nothing all week which rocked.

Anyways I don't know what my point is. I guess that resortish stuff doesn't do it for me. Especially if I know beyond the resort are a bunch of poor people starving and waiting to knife me for my shoes (Ala Jamaica)
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk