Veto this Trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Veto this Trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Veto this Trade?

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:17 am

Just want to run this by. I'm not sure whether this is a fair trade, or if it should be vetoed. I want to point out, that one play involved, Team A, recently dumped his entire bench (Webb, Soria, A. Hill, etc...). 10 team, H2H, Redraft League.

Team A gets:
Melky Cabrera and Marco Scutaro

Team B gets:
Curtis Granderson and J. Rollins

I'm only concerned because the trade seems lopsided to me personally, plus the fact the one team dumped his roster a few weeks back.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Veto this Trade?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:34 am

woodson_28 wrote:Just want to run this by. I'm not sure whether this is a fair trade, or if it should be vetoed. I want to point out, that one play involved, Team A, recently dumped his entire bench (Webb, Soria, A. Hill, etc...). 10 team, H2H, Redraft League.

Team A gets:
Melky Cabrera and Marco Scutaro

Team B gets:
Curtis Granderson and J. Rollins

I'm only concerned because the trade seems lopsided to me personally, plus the fact the one team dumped his roster a few weeks back.

the trade itself if pretty bad, but when an owner dumping his bench is involved, something shady is definaetly going on. definately veto...and i would not invite either owner back (assuming it is a private and not a public league)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:36 pm

the league ended up vetoing the trade from my first post (Granderson/Rollins for Melky/Scutaro) and Team B threw a huge fit (naturally).

I basically called collusion on the two and asked the commish to lock down both rosters. After which, team A came out and just flat out dropped C. Granderson.

I hate when friendly leagues have the one or two managers that just can't handle losing.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yearbend » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:51 am

you should not have asked both teams to be locked, only the team that has clearly given up.

thank you very much for the sig, soty!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45974

^^ soty's profile page ^^
yearbend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:24 pm

well, we got the commish to put Granderson back onto the team that dropped him (Team B). However, the commish did not lock the team and now the following two things have occurred:

1. Team B dropped B. Phillips. Should I make a deal out of this (just like when he dropped Granderson), or just let it go? He picked up Uggla, and it's only 10 teams, but Phillips is heating up and should not be dropped in any format IMO. Also, Team B still has 5 bench spots (as he dropped his entire bench a few weeks earlier).

2. Team B trades R. Halladay to Team A and gets Kawakami and Maholm. This is obviously a horrible trade, but vetoable? These two teams just keep doing lopsided trades that favor Team A.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RDD15 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:46 pm

At this point, any trade that these two teams make is vetoable. The guy that is white-flagging needs to be locked out.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Carnac » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Agree with locking his team and not inviting either team back next year.

good luck
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm

the plot thickens. Now, this is a league in which 8 of us are all good friends (from college). We needed two more guys, so the commish invited 2 people that I didn't know (Team A and Team B).

Come to find out, Team A is the commish's brother and Team B is the commish's father. So, the inaction by the commish if what I believe to be pure favoritism, so I experiment:

I dropped my entire bench (just like Team A did earlier this month). Then I proposed a very lopsided trade to another team in which I lost out big time, which was accepted a few minutes later.

Dropped players: C. Quentin, C. Hart, N. Cruz, Nolasco, Bedard, Baker, Scherzer, J. Vazquez
Trade: I give Miguel Cabrera, I get A. Rios

w/in a few hours all players were returned to my team (via the commish) and my team was locked. And yet nothing has been done to Team A. So, I'm now in a argument/struggle w/ the commish over his blind eye toward the collusion between his father and brother. (Probably not a great idea to dump my team, but I had to see what he would do).

Oh, also, I want to point out that when I questioned Team A (the father) about him dumping his bench, he's exact words: "I wanted to help my other son out by giving him my good players, etc..."
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RDD15 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm

If you don't have money invested, I think it would be time to stop caring. Personally, if the commish in this case were a friend of mine, I would be mighty pissed about it. I realize it is dumb fantasy baseball, and BFD, but cheating a friend, even in a no money fantasy league, is bush.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:42 pm

ya, I think I'm going to take the advice I've gotten here, and just leave. In the process of dropping my bench players the other day, I picked up players on the DL and plugged them into my starting line up. The point was that if it didn't matter if one team dropped their bench, then would it matter if a second team dropped their bench. Turned out that it did.

Like I said, the commish then returned all my players to my team and locked it. Well, after some arguing, we finally got everything squared away and back to order and my team unlocked. It involved a new manager being promoted to commish. The main problem I now have, is when the old commish returned my dumped players to me, he cut J. Peavy off my team, I guess because Peavy is on the DL. I had not dropped Peavy, and had gotten him in a trade a few weeks earlier.

Since the commish removed him from my team, w/out me dropping him, I requested he be returned to my team. The new commish said he'd put it to a vote, majority rules. Put what to a vote??? The commish removed a player from my team that I've had for over a month now. What gives him the right to do this? Last straw I guess...

Worst part is that I pissed off 3 people during the entire argument, and then two other teams have already told me they have claims on Peavy, and they'd be happy to trade him to me. Factor in the fact I don't get a vote, and that's 5 people right there that will vote "no".
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner