Need the expert opinions on a Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need the expert opinions on a Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need the expert opinions on a Trade

Postby Lawn Wranglers » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:45 pm

I need another big bat on my squad. My current team looks like this:

C McCann Bench
1B A.Gonzalez Lowell
2B Uggla Helton
SS Tulo Ortiz
3B Youkillis Asdrubal Cabrerra
OF Lee
OF Hawpe
OF Kemp
DH varies

Holladay, Lester, Hardin, Lackey, Lowe, Buehrle, Wood, Franklin, Hawkins

The trade offer is Kemp and Lowe for Jason Bay. Smoltz and Millwood are sitting in the free agent pool and I believe both will be just as good if not better than Lowe. I just picked up Papi in case he really has turned it around and will be his old self for the remainder of the season. Also, I am gonna drop Hawkins now that he is no longer Houston's closer. The thing is I am hesisent in having 3-4 Red Sox players as I don't want to bank on one team like that. I already have 3 Rockies as is. Also, I am curious how Kemp will hit after the return of Manny and if Bay can continue this amazing pace, or some of it.

Our league considers R, RBI, 2B, HR, SB, AVG. Help me out guys
Lawn Wranglers
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need the expert opinions on a Trade

Postby My_Religon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Absolutely trade away Lowe. He's been playing awful and the Braves arn't consistent enough to five him run support day in and day out. I'm going to suggest to keep Kemp any way possible. Once Manny gets back his stats will double cause Manny will take tremendous pressure off him. It would be like Texeira's numbers going up when A-Rod returned. Instead of Kemp try Cabrerra, Lowell and Lowe for Bay. You defiantly need to get a big bat though. Good Luck! Hope I helped.
My_Religon
T-Ball Trainer

Postby HueyntheNews » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:36 pm

most definitely do that trade, Bay is an absolute monster and lowe has deteriorated to a waiver wire sport starter. Although I agree to see if you can use lowell and ACab as trade bait.
Hitters: C-Lucroy 1B-Fielder 2B-Kipnis, 3B-Cabrera SS-Tulowitzki OF-Bautista, Cruz, Heyward U-V.Martinez
Bench: Teixeira, Infante, J.Hamilton
Pitchers: Cole, Haren, Samardzija, Weaver, Zimmermann, Chavez, Wood, Sabathia, D.Robertson
HueyntheNews
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby HueyntheNews » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Hitters: C-Lucroy 1B-Fielder 2B-Kipnis, 3B-Cabrera SS-Tulowitzki OF-Bautista, Cruz, Heyward U-V.Martinez
Bench: Teixeira, Infante, J.Hamilton
Pitchers: Cole, Haren, Samardzija, Weaver, Zimmermann, Chavez, Wood, Sabathia, D.Robertson
HueyntheNews
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team