Broxton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Broxton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Broxton

Postby kingmike74 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:55 am

Any word on how long his toe will be a problem?

Who is the better safety net...Wade or Belisario for LA?
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Broxton

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 pm

should be back in the lineup tonight. But we'll have to wait for more details...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/2009/06/dodgers-in-toe-jam-sore-pedidigit-sidelines-jonathan-broxton.html
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby kingmike74 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Thx for the link and nice avatar jake!
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Salty-Dog » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:21 am

not a good outing for him last night, hope this toe is not a big issue - i can't take any more injuries on my team...
Salty-Dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kingmike74 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:16 am

Is Wade next in line behind JB in LA?
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wildbill » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Salty-Dog wrote:not a good outing for him last night, hope this toe is not a big issue - i can't take any more injuries on my team...

He just did what good closers do, get shelled while 'just getting in some work'.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby plainyogurt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Im eying troncosco right now, and might pick him up. he has good numbers and 4 saves, so obviously he will be the top candidate in case brox misses time.

Even though its "getting some work" for tonights game, he gave up 2 runs, however he worked an inning and third, so he prob is healthy
plainyogurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:25 am

plainyogurt wrote:Im eying troncosco right now, and might pick him up. he has good numbers and 4 saves, so obviously he will be the top candidate in case brox misses time.

Even though its "getting some work" for tonights game, he gave up 2 runs, however he worked an inning and third, so he prob is healthy

Yeah he did give up 2 runs tonight and I'm completely baffled how either of them were earned. I suppose the official scorer was being excessively generous to the point of ineptitude or is legally blind. Kemp didn't exactly have a difficult play when the ball bounced off the heel of his glove. He wasn't running at full speed, he didn't run into the wall, he was there in time to catch it, he just missed it. How it wasn't ruled a 2 base error, which would have made both runs unearned, is puzzling. It was a textbook error. I've seen many, many, many harder plays then that that were missed ruled errors.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby surferguy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:03 pm

wildbill wrote:
plainyogurt wrote:Im eying troncosco right now, and might pick him up. he has good numbers and 4 saves, so obviously he will be the top candidate in case brox misses time.

Yeah he did give up 2 runs tonight and I'm completely baffled how either of them were earned. I suppose the official scorer was being excessively generous to the point of ineptitude or is legally blind. Kemp didn't exactly have a difficult play when the ball bounced off the heel of his glove. He wasn't running at full speed, he didn't run into the wall, he was there in time to catch it, he just missed it. How it wasn't ruled a 2 base error, which would have made both runs unearned, is puzzling. It was a textbook error. I've seen many, many, many harder plays then that that were missed ruled errors.

Totally agree with this. The ball should have been caught by Kemp. That is a hometown official scorer if I ever saw one.
surferguy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates