Ian Stewart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ian Stewart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ian Stewart

Postby LMack » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Ian Stewart is benched today, sitting 2 out of the last 3 games.
Is he no longer seeing everyday starts? Has he been platooned by Tracy?
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ian Stewart

Postby pepperoncino » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 pm

yea, what's going on here? i thought he was finally getting a shot to be an everyday player... he was hitting so well, why would they sit him?
pepperoncino
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tigers1223 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:54 pm

I dont know but I have been wondering the same thing. Atkins is 8/20 over the last 8 games with limited opportunities. Maybe he is giving atkins a chance?
Tigers1223
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raysfan4life » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:30 am

Went 1-4 with an SB tonight...anyone know if he is the starter at 3B, or is he going to platoon all year? Any Rockies fans have any insight? I'm trying to decide whether to spend a roster spot on him or not.
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mile High Ballers » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Really tough to say right now. Went to 3 of last 5 games at Coors too. For my best guesstimate, the problem is Barmes is really playing well again this season. (See 3 seasons ago). With Atkins history and salary, they obviously want him on the field. The desired lineup would be Atkins 3rd, Tulo ss, Stewart( or Baker) 2b, Helton 1b. But... Bakers injuries coupled with Atkins terrible season and reemergence of Barmes makes the picture far from clear. It would seem They are riding the hot bat with Stewart and Atkins-- giving Atkins opportunities to get it straightened out. So i don't know what to tell ya. It is my understanding that Rox are hoping Atkins rebounds and they plug Stewart into 2nd. I get this from running a bar in Lodo denver where the Rox players frequent. But its still just hearsay... Peace..
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raysfan4life » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Mile High Ballers wrote:Really tough to say right now. Went to 3 of last 5 games at Coors too. For my best guesstimate, the problem is Barmes is really playing well again this season. (See 3 seasons ago). With Atkins history and salary, they obviously want him on the field. The desired lineup would be Atkins 3rd, Tulo ss, Stewart( or Baker) 2b, Helton 1b. But... Bakers injuries coupled with Atkins terrible season and reemergence of Barmes makes the picture far from clear. It would seem They are riding the hot bat with Stewart and Atkins-- giving Atkins opportunities to get it straightened out. So i don't know what to tell ya. It is my understanding that Rox are hoping Atkins rebounds and they plug Stewart into 2nd. I get this from running a bar in Lodo denver where the Rox players frequent. But its still just hearsay... Peace..

Great insight regardless. Thank you.
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby californiasunshine » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Mile High Ballers wrote:Really tough to say right now. Went to 3 of last 5 games at Coors too. For my best guesstimate, the problem is Barmes is really playing well again this season. (See 3 seasons ago). With Atkins history and salary, they obviously want him on the field. The desired lineup would be Atkins 3rd, Tulo ss, Stewart( or Baker) 2b, Helton 1b. But... Bakers injuries coupled with Atkins terrible season and reemergence of Barmes makes the picture far from clear. It would seem They are riding the hot bat with Stewart and Atkins-- giving Atkins opportunities to get it straightened out. So i don't know what to tell ya. It is my understanding that Rox are hoping Atkins rebounds and they plug Stewart into 2nd. I get this from running a bar in Lodo denver where the Rox players frequent. But its still just hearsay... Peace..

Sick Job man
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dedalus » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:24 am

I'm pretty sure Atkins plays against LHP and Stewart against RHP, just from my observations over the past week...
dedalus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Injuries & Player Updates