BRANDON WEBB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

BRANDON WEBB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BRANDON WEBB

Postby Fender1114 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:39 pm

He was supposed to throw off a mound this past weekend, but I haven;t heard any news about him since last week. Anyone hear anything??

I at least want some good news so I can trade the guy! ha
Fender1114
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BRANDON WEBB

Postby Splendid61 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:59 pm

Brandon Webb: Webb finally ready for bullpen session

6/16 6:32 pm: Brandon Webb will throw a bullpen session this Friday according to the Arizona Republic. It will be his first bullpen session since going on the disabled list in April with a right shoulder injury.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/2009/06/16/20090616piecoroblog.html

We've finally got a date for Webb’s first bullpen session in his long, long road to recovery.

Webb said this afternoon that Diamondbacks trainer Ken Crenshaw told him the plan is for him to throw off the mound Friday in Seattle.

Webb has been throwing flat-ground sessions since the end of May and he threw another on Tuesday afternoon in the heavy Kansas City air. Asked how long he threw, a still-dripping-wet Webb said, “Felt like an hour.” It was really more like 15 minutes.

Despite the extended recovery time – Webb has been shut down since April 24 with a teres major strain in his right shoulder – he said there have been no setbacks along the way.

“No, it’s been pretty good,” he said. “I feel like this past week, the last three times throwing, it’s been real good. I think it just keeps progressing. We’re moving in the right direction. It feels better than it’s felt since the season started.”
Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates