My Bands (metalcore) new song is up!! Check it out Please!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My Bands (metalcore) new song is up!! Check it out Please!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: My Bands (metal) new song is up!! Check it out Please!!

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:58 am

The instrumentals are very good. As a drummer myself, I thought the drums sounded especially tight. This definitely isn't my type of music though, so I can't offer any feedback beyond that. It's tough for me to get through songs like this.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:32 am

You should post the lyrics for the song. I would like to sing along.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Tavish wrote:You should post the lyrics for the song. I would like to sing along.

[Chorus]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(repeat)

[1st verse]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Chorus x3)

[2nd verse]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Chorus x3)

AHHHHHHHHH

(Chorus x2)
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bmfote » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:37 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Tavish wrote:You should post the lyrics for the song. I would like to sing along.

[Chorus]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(repeat)

[1st verse]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Chorus x3)

[2nd verse]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Chorus x3)

AHHHHHHHHH

(Chorus x2)

lulz
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bmfote » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:38 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:The instrumentals are very good. As a drummer myself, I thought the drums sounded especially tight. This definitely isn't my type of music though, so I can't offer any feedback beyond that. It's tough for me to get through songs like this.

yeah dude our drummers been playing since he was a lil babe :-b i'd say hes pretty swell
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bmfote » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:39 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I don't get into that kind of music at all, and hope this doesn't cause offense, but have you tried a different kind of "vocals" for that song other then that grunting nonsense?
I think it could also sound really excellent with no vocals, just as an instrumental ;-D

Ha, you don't know what you're missing. :-b

I'll agree with the vocals, albeit for a different reason. It's somewhat expected to have that gravelly cookie monster voice when you're talking about death metal (or I'd say what you guys play falls into more as deathcore), but I feel like if you're going to have a vocalist that only feels comfortable with plenty of deep grunting, he needs to make it stand out more. I felt like his voice was a bit too complementary to the track, which made the track less intense for my liking, although I reckon it's the kind of audio quality. Anyway, I don't really care much for vocals when it comes to death metal, but a vocalist that can yell out the lyrics with conviction (and some semblance of clarity) really adds to it. I don't think a Chuck Schuldiner type of vocalist will fit with your music (and quite frankly it's hard to get someone with the range of Chuck) but that would sound cool and I believe, refreshing, from other indie metal acts I hear these days, which always provokes the reaction from me as decent but nothing I haven't heard before.

Once again, keep at it and hope all the advice comes through for you. I guess what I'm asking is a bit more solos to showboat and stronger vocals and you guys will stand out. ;-D

yeah i agree hes not loud enough, but it was because the way we had to mix it. A lot of bands (that are signed to major labels) record the whole instrumental and then just place the vocal recording right one top to give it a more stand out feeling. were poor though :(

and as for solos, there are some in our other songs. ill be sure to post when we record them!!
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: My Bands (metacorel) new song is up!! Check it out Please!!

Postby bmfote » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:50 pm

WELP i told you guys we would be comin out with more thangs, and they're here!

2 new songs at www.myspace.com/grizzlyadamskc !!!!!

Also put one on youtube for people to favorite and show people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lq4Iz5Ai18

Little update on the band: Played about 10 shows now, our fan base is building quickly surprisingly. We played a show at the biggest venue in Lawrence,Kansas with a national act (August Burns Red). We have a show this friday (1/22) with another National Act. The show is called Winterfest and is held in Wichita, it usually draws about 400+ people. We also have a show with another national act on January 27th at the Jackpot. If anyone lives in Kansas come out and support local music!! Otherwise enjoy the Myspace tracks. They're available to download if you want, and please give me feedback again! I love hearing what you guys have to say, even if its "zomg cookie monstar!" :-D :-D

Thanks guys

-Matt / GA
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:14 pm

not my type of music either, but it sounds pretty good, instrumentally.
im sure you guys get the clubs rockin ;-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Like I said before, metalcore/deathcore isn't quite the kind of metal I love to listen to, but based off what I said some time ago about your band, it's an improvement. The sound is less generic and you guys are mixing them up better. For example, I thought the first minute of the first track was a bit dull, but the last 2-3 minutes or so of that, made up for it because the instrumentals were better rounded. Your vocalist doesn't have to be so consistent with the gravelly voice because as I said before, sometimes that takes away from the intensity than add to it. Experiment with a few pitches and a slight chance in inflection. Track quality overall is a bit better, but I won't be harsh on that because of the mixing.

Other than that, you've got a growing audience and just keep adding to your music, little by little. Nothing beats live metal after all. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm still scared. :-D

Honestly if I could hear it without the vocals I'd probably really like it. That's just me though, the Cookie Monster voice just isn't my thing. You just keep doing what you're doing though, I know a lot of people are really into it. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk