My Bands (metalcore) new song is up!! Check it out Please!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My Bands (metalcore) new song is up!! Check it out Please!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Bands (metalcore) new song is up!! Check it out Please!!

Postby bmfote » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:11 pm

I'd love the support of all you local folks, please let me know what you think, good and bad!!

We are playing our first show August 2nd at the Granada (Lawrence, Kansas) if you're interested!!

http://www.myspace.com/grizzlyadamskc

Thanks all!

Matt/Grizz

p.s. I play with a 5150 currently and w/ a Marshall cab under it, but for recording i was running through i Marshall JCM 2000 with a full rack and a pedal board, i attached a pic

p.s.s. we recorded this with 3 members...i did both gutiar and bass. e are currently waiting for the right guitar and bass player to come along. so if anyones interested. hit me up on myspace
Last edited by bmfote on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Bands (metal) new song is up!! Check it out Please!!

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:13 pm

That scared me. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Not bad. I can't say I'm a fan of the newer style of metal (and by that I mean Killswitch Engage/Lamb of God types; I'm more of a death/Bay Area thrash kind of guy) and it sort of wouldn't be right for me to advise "play more solos", but perhaps I think a nice solo here and there puts a nice change of pace, based off that one track on your page. Decent stuff, keep going for it. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby bmfote » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:24 pm

thanks a lot guys, and yes yes yes!! I LOVE WRITING SOLOS. we just decided to record that one becuase its freakin intense!! but there are solos in our other songs. ill definitely find you when we record them and show you what i got :-D :-D :-D

p.s. GO ROYALS! :-B
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bmfote » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Metroid wrote:That scared me. :-b

hahaha so many of my friends (that are girls) are like... i loved the guitar and drums... but the screaming scared the heck outta me!!! i love it :-]
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:27 pm

bmfote wrote:
Metroid wrote:That scared me. :-b

hahaha so many of my friends (that are girls) are like... i loved the guitar and drums... but the screaming scared the heck outta me!!! i love it :-]

Did you just call me a girl? :-b

But yeah that's what does it for me, it's the screaming "Cookie Monster" voice that I don't care for. Other than that it sounds like you guys are pretty tight, keep at it man. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Sounds like Caninus :-b

Sorry, not my bag. And my apologies if the lead singer is not a pit bull and I gave insult.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby bmfote » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:09 pm

hahahah the funny thing is the lead signer hates cookie monster screams and pig squeals. you guys should hear some of the other local bands around here that are like death metal. they make us sound like Britney spears :-b
bmfote
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:45 am

I don't get into that kind of music at all, and hope this doesn't cause offense, but have you tried a different kind of "vocals" for that song other then that grunting nonsense?
I think it could also sound really excellent with no vocals, just as an instrumental ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:17 am

AussieDodger wrote:I don't get into that kind of music at all, and hope this doesn't cause offense, but have you tried a different kind of "vocals" for that song other then that grunting nonsense?
I think it could also sound really excellent with no vocals, just as an instrumental ;-D

Ha, you don't know what you're missing. :-b

I'll agree with the vocals, albeit for a different reason. It's somewhat expected to have that gravelly cookie monster voice when you're talking about death metal (or I'd say what you guys play falls into more as deathcore), but I feel like if you're going to have a vocalist that only feels comfortable with plenty of deep grunting, he needs to make it stand out more. I felt like his voice was a bit too complementary to the track, which made the track less intense for my liking, although I reckon it's the kind of audio quality. Anyway, I don't really care much for vocals when it comes to death metal, but a vocalist that can yell out the lyrics with conviction (and some semblance of clarity) really adds to it. I don't think a Chuck Schuldiner type of vocalist will fit with your music (and quite frankly it's hard to get someone with the range of Chuck) but that would sound cool and I believe, refreshing, from other indie metal acts I hear these days, which always provokes the reaction from me as decent but nothing I haven't heard before.

Once again, keep at it and hope all the advice comes through for you. I guess what I'm asking is a bit more solos to showboat and stronger vocals and you guys will stand out. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Next

Return to General Talk