Anyone know of any respectable (free) keeper rankings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone know of any respectable (free) keeper rankings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone know of any respectable (free) keeper rankings?

Postby dannahann » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 pm

My league rules make it difficult to retain top keepers if you finish at or near the top. The rules are great for stimulating frequent trades of top level studs but I am trying to get a jump on 2010 before our winter trading starts in earnest. Are there any current keeper rankings out there? Would it be a good idea to create consensus keeper ranking within the Cafe, like we do prior to drafting. Maybe 3 versions; pre draft, 8 weeks in, and 16 weeks in?
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone know of any respectable (free) keeper rankings?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Keeper league rules are too variable to create a ranking system that would apply to the majority of those who play in them. How many players are kept? How many minor league spots are there, if any? Is there a limit to number of years you can keep a player? Those factors weigh more prominently than the usual variation between redraft leagues, so it's much more complicated than doing a redraft ranking.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 pm

This is the best source that I've seen: 2009 Keeper League Rankings. Looks like they're in the process of updating their OF and pitcher rankings though so you'll have to wait on that.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby neoforce » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:This is the best source that I've seen: 2009 Keeper League Rankings. Looks like they're in the process of updating their OF and pitcher rankings though so you'll have to wait on that.

You will probably be waiting a long, long time. The last updates on the pages are all from March April. Looks to me like the rankings are not being updated
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers