Whats Wrong with Kinsler? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Whats Wrong with Kinsler?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Whats Wrong with Kinsler?

Postby RenPastana » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 am

kemper5 wrote:To me Kinslers a .280/ 21 HR/ 78 RBI/ 27 SB / 97 Run guy..He gets these hot streaks going and cools off fast or gets hurt

This must be based on Ian only playing about 120 games/season...over 150+ games, those numbers are history IMO
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:14 am

Not sure, but overall, this is just a cool streak, partly because his LD's are down, and also partly because everything he puts in play is finding a glove.

Hope your right because kinsler is hitting .222 since his 6-6 cycle night !+) I own kinsler in almost every league including my dynasty and money league so i hope kinsler starts figuring things out real soon.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby B-Chad » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:01 pm

I guess part of my rationale behind nothing being wrong with Kinsler is having watched his AB's as well (like almost all of his AB's... I have no cable, just the MLB package on my laptop so lets just say I'm watching a ton of games :-b ). I'm not a scout or coach or anything of that sort, but he seems to be taking a fine approach, he's taking balls, working counts, and squaring the ball up. I can think of some warning track shots and balls he's hit hard at fielders and foul, all in all, I think he'll be fine. I guess for comparisons sake, I'd be more concerned about Josh Hamilton when he comes back from injury, bc watching his AB's he was looking lost on breaking balls and just flipping his bat at a ton of them, Kinsler is having no such problems.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rollotommasi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 pm

B-Chad wrote:I'm not even mildly concerned about Kinsler. His .254 BABIP is almost a full 50 points lower then his career BABIP.

if the LD is down....BABIP is automatically down too

unless you're very lucky
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rollotommasi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:33 pm

B-Chad wrote:I guess part of my rationale behind nothing being wrong with Kinsler is having watched his AB's as well (like almost all of his AB's... I have no cable, just the MLB package on my laptop so lets just say I'm watching a ton of games :-b ). I'm not a scout or coach or anything of that sort, but he seems to be taking a fine approach, he's taking balls, working counts, and squaring the ball up. I can think of some warning track shots and balls he's hit hard at fielders and foul, all in all, I think he'll be fine. .

you should check RANGERS Mlb and Espn Board

they are really worried about how Kinsler changed his swing compared to last year

here some examples:

I'm afraid to say it, but it looks as though Kinsler is turning into Hank Blalock before our very eyes. Remember what a great hitter Blalock used to be at the beginning of his career, back when he hit for average and power? Then he hit that HR off Gagne in the All-Star Game, and it was almost like that was the turning point of his career. I read a report done a few years back that talked about how Hank Blalock had changed to an almost exclusive upper-cut swing, like he was trying to hit a HR in every at-bat. I noticed it as well, as I'm sure most of you did too. It was like after he hit that HR off Gagne, he wanted to try to hit one in every at-bat, like he thought he should be able to or something. Fast-forward to 2009 Ian Kinsler. He started off the year hitting everything in sight. But he wasn't swinging for the fences every time. He was getting singles, doubles, spraying the ball all over the field. It was really only on the inside pitches where he would turn on the ball and golf them out to left field. But now he has the most grotesque upper cut swing he's ever had, like it's home run or bust every at-bat. His overall plate discipline is still pretty good, but he is popping out at a rapidly increasing rate because he's swinging under the ball every time. His K's are up too because of his approach as well. It's like he got caught up in the HR fever like Blalock did and now that's all he cares about hitting. Line drives, Ian, line drives.

He went from swinging hard with a level swing, to swinging hard with an uppercut homerun swing. Now it either goes out, or goes straight up. He needs to realize hrs aren't the goal, and start leveling that swing out again. A lot of those mile high pop ups might be looping liners if he stopped with the uppercut swings. A pop up is an automatic out. A looping liner still has a chance to be a hit.
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mtxdevil » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Well 2 HRs so far tonight. :-b
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:18 pm

just goes to prove that guy's point that he's swinging for the fences everytime. :-b
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Rollotommasi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:just goes to prove that guy's point that he's swinging for the fences everytime. :-b

exactly

HRs are not a problem, the rest (singles, doubles, walks) is
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rollotommasi » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:06 pm

2B Ian Kinsler is struggling to keep the ball on the ground. Kinsler had three fly ball outs Friday, dropping his batting average to .259. Kinsler, hitting .172 (5-for-29) on the current homestand also has a groundball-to-flyball rate of .59-to-1. It is the third worst in the AL, behind only Carlos Pena and David Ortiz. Those are supposed to be big power/big strikeout hitters. Kinsler is not. While he has good power, he's a leadoff guy.
(Yahoo! Sports)
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ReincarnatedIntoCansecoBiceps » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:11 pm

man, fuck kinsler.
ReincarnatedIntoCansecoBiceps
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor