Did a "mock draft" in yahoo public league - what a joke! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Did a "mock draft" in yahoo public league - what a joke!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:19 pm

Flame Of Udun wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:I also find it funny this Flamer of Udun character only comes on here when Zen Boy is getting ripped. If memory serves me wasn't it you that was defending Zen Boy in the MORONIC conversation about contract years?

Silence!

I am not here to bandy crude words with a witless worm!

BTW, where did you find the yokel that agreed to your Beltran and Capt Intangibles for Sorianus and Klesko trade?

You aren't entering two teams in the same league and trading with yourself again, are you?

Your mother and I already spoke to you about that! Now turn off the computer and go do your homework!

haha, mother jokes!! Good one. I haven't heard those since grade school. Also, that trade you mention is very fair. Maybe if you actually knew something about fantasy baseball you would have realized some teams have needs and will trade from strength to fill those needs. You do know this is a fantasy baseball site right? Or are you just here because of the 95% male popularity?

Go back to your candlight dinners reading poems with Zen Boy.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flame Of Udun » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:33 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote: haha, mother jokes!! Good one. I haven't heard those since grade school.

Right, exactly, so you must have heard one today.

TheRawDAWG wrote: You do know this is a fantasy baseball site right? Or are you just here because of the 95% male popularity?

Really? Damn! All this time I thought this was http://www.lmaoattherawdawg.com. Thanks for clearing up that misconception!

TheRawDAWG wrote: Go back to your candlight dinners reading poems with Zen Boy.

Ahh yes, candlelight poetry readings. A favorite pastime of the enlightened. I usually do mine with white wine, brie, grapes, and a bit o' light jazz kickin in the background.

In the meantime, feel free to continue posting your dazzling fantasy baseball insights and wisdom. Clearly we can all learn how to be excellent fantasy managers from therawdog. I eagerly await your next pearl of wisdom. My entire draft depends on your next post. Don't disappoint!
Flame Of Udun
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:17 pm

Whatever dude. I'm not getting in to this with you. Your comebacks are pathetic childish BS.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:31 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Your comebacks are pathetic childish BS.

Oh, the irony.

Friendliness: %

Postby Zen Boy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:08 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Yeah he's a moron. He comes on here telling everyone how stupid people in Yahoo public leagues are. Saying how GREAT his team is blah, blah blah....How he got so many deals in the draft, blah blah blah....Then he gets shot down by all the rest of the guys in here. He changes his tune by saying the only reason he posted was to point out Yahoo leagues are not very competitive. And his argument to that is how great his team is which has already been shredded. Also what makes him a moron is the fact he does a draft for a league and then ditches the league. And the funny thing is his whole point to this is how uncompetitive Yahoo leagues are and he's the reason for it. The leagues would be more competitive if MORONS like him didn't bother signing up. I also find it funny this Flamer of Udun character only comes on here when Zen Boy is getting ripped. If memory serves me wasn't it you that was defending Zen Boy in the MORONIC conversation about contract years?

Just for fun I thought I'd ressurect this one, after 3 weeks that team is one point out of first place. I even did one little session of add/dropping. I got a kick out of reading this clown's rantings just now. Where did I get shredded about the draft being successful? Just saying "I don't like this team" ain't saying much without a more substantial observation. Now someone criticized my pitching but as it turns out my pitching staff has been carrying this team a lot more than my hitting. I expect big things from the hitters once Abreu and Berkman heat up and Kaz starts stealing bases. The closers have been so-so thus far, and I think someone pointed that out (nice work), but now that Dotel is stepping it up I expect improvement in that department as well.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll continue to put in the bare minimum effort just to see how much of a half-assed effort is required to win a "competitive" yahoo public league.

Hugs.

P.S. I was cognizant of the fact that Mags is in his contract year when I drafted him and so far that hasn't bitten me in the ass yet either. :-b
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Zen Boy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:09 pm

First place regular season finish, currently dominating my semifinal playoff matchup . . .put forth some effort during the season but was in the bottom 1/3 of the league in total number of roster moves . . .yup, public leagues are a joke
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:40 pm

Ok, I'll agree with you. If you could win this league with the pathetic draft you were touting earlier then Yahoo! leagues are a joke.

C- Phillips-BUST

1B- Sweeney-BUST

2B- Soriano- Notworth where you drafted him

3B- Tex - Absolute STUD. Steal of the draft in most drafts

SS- Matsui- Nothing special at all

OFs- Maggs - Bust (I love the last post you left about him being in a contract year too)

Abreu- STUD

Berkman decent, but played below expectations

BENCH- Ensberg and Millar :-t

SP- Vazquez- BUST

Beckett - Bust for most of the year but is starting to pick it up....injured most of the year as well.

Webb- whip and wins will kill you

peavy- Late round STUD....had some injury problems.

Hampton- BUST

Williams- BUST

RPs- Dotel- picked it up as the season went on. Decent pick.

Baez- Great late pick

Julio and Cordero :-t

So you actually proved you point about Yahoo! leagues more with how well your crappy team did in this league then with how well you thought your draft went. But I still stand by my initial point of it's the guys like you who show no interest that make the leagues that way. In a competitive league this team would have finished bottom 3rd.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zen Boy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:14 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Ok, I'll agree with you. If you could win this league with the pathetic draft you were touting earlier then Yahoo! leagues are a joke.

C- Phillips-BUST

1B- Sweeney-BUST

2B- Soriano- Notworth where you drafted him

3B- Tex - Absolute STUD. Steal of the draft in most drafts

SS- Matsui- Nothing special at all

OFs- Maggs - Bust (I love the last post you left about him being in a contract year too)

Abreu- STUD

Berkman decent, but played below expectations

BENCH- Ensberg and Millar :-t

SP- Vazquez- BUST

Beckett - Bust for most of the year but is starting to pick it up....injured most of the year as well.

Webb- whip and wins will kill you

peavy- Late round STUD....had some injury problems.

Hampton- BUST

Williams- BUST

RPs- Dotel- picked it up as the season went on. Decent pick.

Baez- Great late pick

Julio and Cordero :-t

So you actually proved you point about Yahoo! leagues more with how well your crappy team did in this league then with how well you thought your draft went. But I still stand by my initial point of it's the guys like you who show no interest that make the leagues that way. In a competitive league this team would have finished bottom 3rd.

hahaha, obviously my add/drop moves made a difference (carpenter, wright, Bay, Overbay, among others . . .), and if i had truly abandoned the team I wouldn't have done nearly as well... noone could ever draft a team and have it finish strong leaving it idle all year.

If you had the clairvoyance to know that Vasquez and Mags were going to be busts than my hats off to you, but you sure never said that. Way to pat yourself on the back with the benefit of hindsight, but the fact remains that you never set forth an intelligent observation in the first place. I wish I had played in your 12 man league where you could draft Abreu and Berkman in the 4th and 7th rounds! And I sure don't need hindsight to make that call!

P.S. The fact that you're giving a :-t to Cordero further proves how clueless you are . . .with 44 saves and 1.89 he's by far the best reliver on my team and one of my biggest steals! WTF? :-?
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:31 pm

My bad I thought you were talking about Chad Cordero.

And basically my original argument wasn't that I thought these guys would be busts. I just said I don't think your team was all that hot shit. And it proved it wasn't all hot shit. And I also said I don't like the fact you were just drafting and abandoning your team. Hats off that you didn't ruin the league for the rest of the owners and at least put a competitive team in there every week. ;-D
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zen Boy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:30 am

Thanks, once I saw my team I get off to a good start it was hard to resist keeping it competitive. Some of the guys who are busts in the final analysis I still got some decent mileage out of early on.

In a huge twist of irony I'm playing Flame of Udun (surprise surprise we know each other) for the league championship. He had an even better draft than me (in hindsight), and was an even bigger slacker suring the season (only 12 moves, total) . . .though he only finished 3rd regular season.

His draft (picking 9/12):

Vlad
Pedro (ridiculous steal)
chavez
wagner
B Giles
O Cabrera
Pudge
M Giles
Edmonds
Wolf
Redman
Clement
Buerhle
marte
Crawford
N Johnson
Pat the Bat
Lilly
Kolb
Burnett
Edgar

I should also mention that some idiot dropped all his players and everyone put in waiver claims (efectively making it an 11 person league) and I wound up with Michael Young and he wound up with Oswalt . . .
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team