Did a "mock draft" in yahoo public league - what a joke! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Did a "mock draft" in yahoo public league - what a joke!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zen Boy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:39 am

Again, you guys miss the real point . . .
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zen Boy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:49 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Ummmmmmm, hey bud, is that the same draft everyone thought was a joke? Pujols 4th? You can honestly take that draft seriously? Experts? seems like the office got the secretaries together to do a baseball draft.

Ok just out of curiosoity, what was *that* bad about the experts draft? I just looked it over again and the woman who took Vlad #2 overall clearly didn't know what she was doing, but then taking Soriano over Pujols is at least defensible based on middle infielder scarcity. For the most part it looked like people knew what they were doing, though I wasn't crazy about Reich or Fabiano's drafts either.

Do you have a link to the thread where it was ridiculed, sport?
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Zen Boy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:02 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Ummmm, hey bud, your team isn't that good. It's manageable but not great. I wouldn't be disappointed coming out of the draft with this team but I definately wouldn't be as cocky as you are. I went through all your picks and found no real HUGE shockers when I gave them all a round. Here goes:

1: Soriano
2:Maggs
3:Vazquez
4: Abreu
5:Dotel
6:Beckett
7: Berkman
8: Webb
9: Tex
10: Matsui
11: Sweeney
12: Ensberg
13: Cordero
14: Sanchez
15: Millar
16: Julio
17: Phillips
18: Peavy
19: Hampton
20: Baez
21: J. Williams

Now this is based on where I think they should go as well as my experiences in drafts so far this season. I don't see one that went way later then they should have. I'd actually like to see where you really did draft these guys.

Hey jackson, check it out, for the most part those players go earlier than you list them on the ESPN average live draft position:

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/reques ... 1&Param2=7

Now, I'm sure you play in above average leagues, but I think this underscores my point about the sub-parness of yahoo! public leagues, not that I expect you to comprehend what I'm saying . . .
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:11 pm

Oh you mean the AVERAGE draft positions that include all the dumbass owners who take guys like V.Wells first overall because they are from toronto. The Average draft position of A-Rod over in Sportsline.com is 3rd. Does that mean if you take him 1st you're reaching for him? Give me a break. And you may have got guys a round later than you expected or may have got a few guys later. But thats NORMAL in any draft. Some guys slide it all depends on who's in your league. I've been in a draft where Vlad slipped to 16th. I drafted 2nd so I couldn't take advantage but his back had question marks. It doesn't mean everyone in the draft is a moron. They just draft with who they think will do better. You're a moron for coming on here thinking this team is amazing and then having everyone shut you down. You look foolish!! Why don't you try and figure out which guys are in their contract years and post that too. Waste more of our time. :-t
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Zen Boy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:23 pm

I'm really not trying to exhort what an awesome team this is you donkey, I've steared away from splitting hairs on that point because a) it's not my main point, and b) everyone disagrees over who will and won't have big years anyway.

But are you arguing that yahoo! public leagues are superior in terms of competitive credibility to both the cbs experts league and espn's "average league"?

"If you think that you have cut off
Illusory mind,
Instead of simply clarifying how
Illusory mind melts,
Illusory mind will come up again,As though you had cut
The stem of a blade of grass
And left the root alive."
- Menzan Zuiho (1682-1769)
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:38 pm

Zen Boy wrote:I'm really not trying to exhort what an awesome team this is you donkey, I've steared away from splitting hairs on that point because a) it's not my main point, and b) everyone disagrees over who will and won't have big years anyway.

But are you arguing that yahoo! public leagues are superior in terms of competitive credibility to both the cbs experts league and espn's "average league"?

"If you think that you have cut off
Illusory mind,
Instead of simply clarifying how
Illusory mind melts,
Illusory mind will come up again,As though you had cut
The stem of a blade of grass
And left the root alive."
- Menzan Zuiho (1682-1769)

No, you're right. Most Yahoo! leagues aren't as competitive because they offer their service for free and let guys like you abuse it and ruin it for the guys that are trying to have a little fun.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Flame Of Udun » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:09 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:You're a moron for coming on here thinking this team is amazing and then having everyone shut you down. You look foolish!! Why don't you try and figure out which guys are in their contract years and post that too. Waste more of our time. :-t

He's the moron?

You are one replying. :-B
Flame Of Udun
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:35 pm

Flame Of Udun wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:You're a moron for coming on here thinking this team is amazing and then having everyone shut you down. You look foolish!! Why don't you try and figure out which guys are in their contract years and post that too. Waste more of our time. :-t

He's the moron?

You are one replying. :-B

Yeah he's a moron. He comes on here telling everyone how stupid people in Yahoo public leagues are. Saying how GREAT his team is blah, blah blah....How he got so many deals in the draft, blah blah blah....Then he gets shot down by all the rest of the guys in here. He changes his tune by saying the only reason he posted was to point out Yahoo leagues are not very competitive. And his argument to that is how great his team is which has already been shredded. Also what makes him a moron is the fact he does a draft for a league and then ditches the league. And the funny thing is his whole point to this is how uncompetitive Yahoo leagues are and he's the reason for it. The leagues would be more competitive if MORONS like him didn't bother signing up. I also find it funny this Flamer of Udun character only comes on here when Zen Boy is getting ripped. If memory serves me wasn't it you that was defending Zen Boy in the MORONIC conversation about contract years?
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zen Boy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:38 pm

"If you make subjective,
Personal judgments
Of past and present events,
Not having been through
The process
Of refining and purifying
Your insight,
This is like trying to do a sword
Dance without having learned
To handle a sword."

-Fayan
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Flame Of Udun » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:05 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I also find it funny this Flamer of Udun character only comes on here when Zen Boy is getting ripped. If memory serves me wasn't it you that was defending Zen Boy in the MORONIC conversation about contract years?

Silence!

I am not here to bandy crude words with a witless worm!

BTW, where did you find the yokel that agreed to your Beltran and Capt Intangibles for Sorianus and Klesko trade?

You aren't entering two teams in the same league and trading with yourself again, are you?

Your mother and I already spoke to you about that! Now turn off the computer and go do your homework!
Flame Of Udun
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team