Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:46 pm

Or so the rumor has it. :-S

Thanks to kellythemick for directing this story my way.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:48 pm

LOL

I'll be first in line wearing my Josh Outman jersey.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Angelina Jolie will play Depodesta. :-D
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby Ender » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:00 am

I agree that it is silly but I will stand by the fact that Brad Pitt is probably one of the 2 or 3 best actors of our generation.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:44 am

Congrats for being 8 months behind everyone else. ;-D

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=363202&hilit=uncle+billy

I await your "Barak Obama Elected President" thread with baited breath. ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby great gretzky » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Ender wrote:I agree that it is silly but I will stand by the fact that Brad Pitt is probably one of the 2 or 3 best actors of our generation.


hmm he is good, but I don't know if I agree with this. I guess it depends on what "our generation" is.
Interview With the Vampire is one of mhy favorite movies, Seven was awesome, as was Fight Club. The rest of the stuff is solid, but not awesome in my opinion. I liked Burn after reading, Babel was overrated, Mr. and Mrs. Smith was silly fun, but not great, Button was overlong.

Depp isn't debatable, he is better than pitt. As is russel crowe. I think Clive Owen is better too. Clooney is only two years older and he is better. I guess denzel is older so I wouldn't count him or tom hanks. Leo and Jude Law are also fantastic, but I guess they might not be of "our generation."

I think he is more similar to will smith than he is to depp or crowe to be honest. I guess when it comes down to it, Pitt can be awesome, 12 monkeys, seven, 12 monkeys, fight club, but in general... ehh not so much. more of a cipher than an actor IMO.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3769
Joined: 3 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:31 pm

great gretzky wrote:
Ender wrote:I agree that it is silly but I will stand by the fact that Brad Pitt is probably one of the 2 or 3 best actors of our generation.


hmm he is good, but I don't know if I agree with this. I guess it depends on what "our generation" is.
Interview With the Vampire is one of mhy favorite movies, Seven was awesome, as was Fight Club. The rest of the stuff is solid, but not awesome in my opinion. I liked Burn after reading, Babel was overrated, Mr. and Mrs. Smith was silly fun, but not great, Button was overlong.

Depp isn't debatable, he is better than pitt. As is russel crowe. I think Clive Owen is better too. Clooney is only two years older and he is better. I guess denzel is older so I wouldn't count him or tom hanks. Leo and Jude Law are also fantastic, but I guess they might not be of "our generation."

I think he is more similar to will smith than he is to depp or crowe to be honest. I guess when it comes down to it, Pitt can be awesome, 12 monkeys, seven, 12 monkeys, fight club, but in general... ehh not so much. more of a cipher than an actor IMO.


Not mentioning Ed Norton is a crime.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:45 pm

So who will Pitt be playing? Jack Cust?
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby daullaz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 am

Jeremy Brown!

No, I'm pretty sure he's portraying Beane.
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Re: Moneyball the Movie, Starring Brad Pitt

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:28 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
great gretzky wrote:
Ender wrote:I agree that it is silly but I will stand by the fact that Brad Pitt is probably one of the 2 or 3 best actors of our generation.


hmm he is good, but I don't know if I agree with this. I guess it depends on what "our generation" is.
Interview With the Vampire is one of mhy favorite movies, Seven was awesome, as was Fight Club. The rest of the stuff is solid, but not awesome in my opinion. I liked Burn after reading, Babel was overrated, Mr. and Mrs. Smith was silly fun, but not great, Button was overlong.

Depp isn't debatable, he is better than pitt. As is russel crowe. I think Clive Owen is better too. Clooney is only two years older and he is better. I guess denzel is older so I wouldn't count him or tom hanks. Leo and Jude Law are also fantastic, but I guess they might not be of "our generation."

I think he is more similar to will smith than he is to depp or crowe to be honest. I guess when it comes down to it, Pitt can be awesome, 12 monkeys, seven, 12 monkeys, fight club, but in general... ehh not so much. more of a cipher than an actor IMO.


Not mentioning Ed Norton is a crime.


leonardo dicaprio ftw imo.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact