Players coming off the DL question? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Players coming off the DL question?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Players coming off the DL question?

Postby JK Baseball » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:33 am

On espn when a player comes off their team DL there is nothing to force the fantasy team owner to remove the player from the fantasy DL. So in affect you end up with owners using the DL as extra bench slots. Is there a general rule in the game, that I can quote from somewhere, that says you must remove that player from the DL status or face losing that player back to the free agency pool in a designated amount of time.
JK Baseball
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Players coming off the DL question?

Postby RDD15 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:44 am

There is no general rule that I am aware of. One of my four leagues has a rule in it's constitution prohibiting this, but the other three do not. Because of ESPN running things this way, unless you have a specific written rule in your individual league's constitution, unfortunately you kind of have to allow teams to do what the ESPN rules allow them to do.

All three sites that I play leagues on (ESPN, CBS, and Yahoo) function the same way regarding players coming off the DL.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby bigmck » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Our league has a rule that if a player comes off the DL and his owner does not activate the player and two Mondays at 8 PM pass, the player is a free agent. Even if your stat service does not have this rule, the Commish can just drop the player. It has worked well for us.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Postby RDD15 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

bigmck, I actually like that type of rule, but if there was not a rule in place before the season began, I feel like this particular league has to go with what ESPN allows.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Return to Commissioner's Corner