Milton Bradley...Wow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley...Wow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Milton Bradley...Wow

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:05 pm

AdvRider wrote:It's always something with this character. He couldn't even be bothered to make the catch properly, what's with the sideways stance and the one-hand catch? Do the Cubs have a proctologist on call who can extract Milton's head?

Milton Bradley got killa swag hommes.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Giambis » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:32 pm

CadensDad wrote:That has to be one of the biggest bonehead plays to ever take place.

Trot did this a few years back, when he was playing for the Sox. He tried to get the ball back from the fan he flipped it to, as well.
Maybe it's something about right fielders just getting bored to tears out there. I used to dig holes in the outfield with my cleats in little league too, so I can totally relate. :-D.
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rich101682 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:17 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Bradley was a terrible signing...especially when the Cubs main objective was to get left handed and there were two other LH options out there (Ibanez and Abreu). Who knew that Ibanez would've played like he has, but geez, Abreu was signed for a ONE YEAR $5 MM deal AFTER Bradley was signed for 3 yr/$30 MM. Even if Abreu didn't work out like Bradley hasn't so far, it's only one year and not a lot of money...bad move Hendry.

And speaking of Hendry moves, getting rid of DeRosa to clear some space to make room for a move that didn't happen (i.e. get Peavy)...another great move...sorry, tangent...this thread is about Bradley.

Don't fprget that Adam Dunn practically BEGGED the Cubs to sign him. I think they didn't citing his poor OF defense. Ironic.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby willy-t » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:18 pm

lol 0.36....booooooooooooo.........boooooooooooooo

Not that it should matter but Cubbies scoreboard is not working properly at the moment so maybe that didn't help. I read that it wasn't showing how many outs there were during than inning.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Giambis wrote:
CadensDad wrote:That has to be one of the biggest bonehead plays to ever take place.

Trot did this a few years back, when he was playing for the Sox. He tried to get the ball back from the fan he flipped it to, as well.
Maybe it's something about right fielders just getting bored to tears out there. I used to dig holes in the outfield with my cleats in little league too, so I can totally relate. :-D.

Yeah - Trot Nixon and Larry Walker both threw the ball in the stands with one out. But neither did it after making a catch with nearly the same panache as Milton Bradley did. What a tool.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:50 pm

willy-t wrote:lol 0.36....booooooooooooo.........boooooooooooooo

Not that it should matter but Cubbies scoreboard is not working properly at the moment so maybe that didn't help. I read that it wasn't showing how many outs there were during than inning.

I'm pretty sure Sosa had a similar incident when he was with the cubs and flipped a ball into the stands and then blamed the scoreboard for showing the wrong number of outs. :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no2leads » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 am

wasn't it last year a left fielder handed the ball to a fan, ran back over and took it back? because it's Bradley though everybody goes nuts. at least he didn't peg anybody in the chest with it. watch, he will start to hit and Cubbie fans will adore him because he's crazy (human).
no2leads
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers