Analyze my team... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Analyze my team...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analyze my team...

Postby Guest Dave » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:49 am

I'm in a 12 team, non-keeper, roto league. Here's my roster:

C - R. Hernandez
1B - J. Giambi
2B - D. Jimenez
3B - H. Blalock
SS - D. Jeter
OF - L. Berkman
OF - A. Jones
OF - R. Baldelli
Util - E. Hinske

BN - P. LoDuca (C-1B)
BN - A. Cintron (SS-3B)
BN - B. Wilkerson (1B-OF)
BN - A. Sanchez (OF)
BN - T. Walker (2B)

SP - M. Mulder
SP - A. Pettitte
RP - A. Benitez
RP - B. Koch
P - G. Maddux
P - V. Padilla
P - M. Clement
BN - B. Myers
BN - F. Garcia

What do you think? Any last minute improvements I should try to swing before the season starts?
Guest Dave


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby polyphonic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:58 am

Trade a pitcher for a better 2b. Drop Koch, and then pick up two real closers to go with Benitez.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
serious as a heart attack
makes me feel this way
polyphonic
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 331
Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: san jose, ca

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:05 am

What if I trade Clement for Michael Young? On the closer situation, the only closers available are, Speier, Wickman or Riske, and D. Graves. What do you think about them?
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Pedantic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:18 am

Anonymous wrote:What if I trade Clement for Michael Young? On the closer situation, the only closers available are, Speier, Wickman or Riske, and D. Graves. What do you think about them?


I like Graves the best out of that group (Riske isn't closing at the moment, BTW). Personally, I think your pitching needs more work. Try upgrading for a real #2 starter.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby polyphonic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:20 am

I think you can get a better guy than Michael Young for Clement. Clement has been going ridiculously high in some drafts.

I'd say just drop Koch and pick up Graves. None of those other guys deserve to be on your team at this point.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
serious as a heart attack
makes me feel this way
polyphonic
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 331
Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: san jose, ca

Postby polyphonic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:24 am

Pedantic wrote:
Anonymous wrote:What if I trade Clement for Michael Young? On the closer situation, the only closers available are, Speier, Wickman or Riske, and D. Graves. What do you think about them?


I like Graves the best out of that group (Riske isn't closing at the moment, BTW). Personally, I think your pitching needs more work. Try upgrading for a real #2 starter.


I think his starting pitching is the best thing about his team. His offense has a few question marks, and he only has one good closer, and that closer is coming off a season in which he was traded twice because teams lost faith in him.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
serious as a heart attack
makes me feel this way
polyphonic
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 331
Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: san jose, ca

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:26 am

Maybe M. Giles for Clement? Would that be good?
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby polyphonic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:27 am

Anonymous wrote:Maybe M. Giles for Clement? Would that be good?


Yeah that sounds good. Or maybe Jose Vidro.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
serious as a heart attack
makes me feel this way
polyphonic
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 331
Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: san jose, ca

Postby Pedantic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:31 am

Anonymous wrote:Maybe M. Giles for Clement? Would that be good?


Take it and run far, far away.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby Pedantic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:33 am

polyphonic wrote:
Pedantic wrote:
Anonymous wrote:What if I trade Clement for Michael Young? On the closer situation, the only closers available are, Speier, Wickman or Riske, and D. Graves. What do you think about them?


I like Graves the best out of that group (Riske isn't closing at the moment, BTW). Personally, I think your pitching needs more work. Try upgrading for a real #2 starter.


I think his starting pitching is the best thing about his team. His offense has a few question marks, and he only has one good closer, and that closer is coming off a season in which he was traded twice because teams lost faith in him.


I dunno, I think his hitting is head and shoulders above his pitching. Sure, he has Mulder to anchor, but then who else does he have? Pettitte? Maddux? Definitely not #2's in my book.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact