Bedard to miss start - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bedard to miss start

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bedard to miss start

Postby pangbones » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:16 pm

woodson_28 wrote:
coma wrote:DL time? Dang it Bedard :-t .

Ya, appears to be on the DL now (at least he is on Yahoo).

Ok NOW he's burned you!! He's scheduled to see Dr. Death next week!! :~( That isn't good news. :-t
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:05 am

pangbones wrote:
woodson_28 wrote:
coma wrote:DL time? Dang it Bedard :-t .

Ya, appears to be on the DL now (at least he is on Yahoo).

Ok NOW he's burned you!! He's scheduled to see Dr. Death next week!! :~( That isn't good news. :-t

really? who's reporting the Dr. Andrews visit?

My pitching staff is a mess now: Bedard (DL), Webb (DL), Peavy (DL), F.Francisco (DL) as well as these players who were on the DL or NA at one point this year: Scherzer (DL), Nolasco (NA), Valverde (DL).

I actually got an offer from a team today involving Wandy for my Peavy, in which the owner said that I had too many SP on the DL, and should trade one. I'm actually considering this (redraft league).
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:00 am

woodson_28 wrote:really? who's reporting the Dr. Andrews visit?

Per Rotoworld:
Mariners placed LHP Erik Bedard on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 8, with left shoulder inflammation.
Bedard has an appointment with Dr. James Andrews next week. That's never good. He's 5-2 this season with a 2.47 ERA, but has been hobbled by this shoulder injury for over a week. We'll have an update as soon as Andrews makes public his diagnosis.

Get ready to say goodbye to any trade value (real or fantasy) he had.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jovis36 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Bedard will be visiting Dr. Yocum NOT Dr. Andrews

"I'm hoping this is just precautionary," general manager Jack Zduriencik said. "He's going up [to Anaheim on Thursday] to see Dr. [Lewis] Yocum, who did some work on him this past winter."

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/ar ... p&c_id=sea
Jovis36
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 am

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
shmolex wrote:Missing the start @Col? I'm not complaining.

Meh, matchup was hit or miss really...but this guy is consistently an injury issue. I traded for him last year (sent Atkins straight up) and Bedard goes down. Trade Aaron Hill for him this year thinking I sold high big time and he's burning me again.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice....

Ah, fooled twice after all... !+) :-/
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby wildbill » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Jovis36 wrote:Bedard will be visiting Dr. Yocum NOT Dr. Andrews

"I'm hoping this is just precautionary," general manager Jack Zduriencik said. "He's going up [to Anaheim on Thursday] to see Dr. [Lewis] Yocum, who did some work on him this past winter."

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/ar ... p&c_id=sea

Well it doesn't make much difference. That's like telling a death row inmate 'we aren't cooking you in the chair we're strapping you to the table and pumping you full of chemicals.' The end result is pretty similar.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheNephilim » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:04 pm

I think people need to relax a little. Sure the guy is experiencing some discomfort but at least he is coming forward about it and getting it looked at and not trying to pitch through it causing more damage to both his arm and your ERA and WHIP. Hopefully its precautionary and he'll be back soon. Besides have his next few starts are pretty scary anyway, might be good that he is taking a break.
TheNephilim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:15 pm

TheNephilim wrote:I think people need to relax a little. Sure the guy is experiencing some discomfort but at least he is coming forward about it and getting it looked at and not trying to pitch through it causing more damage to both his arm and your ERA and WHIP. Hopefully its precautionary and he'll be back soon. Besides have his next few starts are pretty scary anyway, might be good that he is taking a break.

You are familiar with Bedard's medical history aren't you? If you were you'd be expecting the worst too. With him usually the worst case scenario (or one close to it) is the one that plays out, or at least it seems that way. Just ask any previous Bedard owners. The fact he's not trying to play through it is a bad omen because it's a contract year for him and most players try to play through minor issues in contract years. Of course Bedard is a proven wussy when it comes to any health issues, maybe he doesn't care its a contract year. Either way with him, expect the worst and be relieved if it's not is usually the better way to go.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ruby Tues. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:51 pm

So with him on the DL along with Webb and Halladay, should I just drop him and pick up.....Lackey or Scherzer????
Ruby Tues.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Ruby Tues. wrote:So with him on the DL along with Webb and Halladay, should I just drop him and pick up.....Lackey or Scherzer????

Seriously?? Lackey and Scherzer are both available?? :-? I'd pick up both of them. Must be a very shallow leauge.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates