Roy Halladay...injured? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Roy Halladay...injured?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Roy Halladay...injured?

Postby Shock Wave » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:33 am

stcardinal wrote:Groin injury, probably a grade 2 since he did try to throw a warm up pitch to see if he could continue or how serious it was. I say he'll be out maybe a month.

Thanks for the prognosis, doctor.
Shock Wave
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hett2333 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:39 am

Tulaneball wrote:
socceryank wrote:
stcardinal wrote:Groin injury, probably a grade 2 since he did try to throw a warm up pitch to see if he could continue or how serious it was. I say he'll be out maybe a month.

Having the ability to throw a pitch or not has nothing to do with the grade of injury. Unless you are on the training/medical staff and physically evaluated him, why would you even post this?

Here comes the pissing contest...

I wouldn't call this a pissing contest. I actually agree, with his post...it is pointless to diagnose the extent of Halladay's injury when the Bluejays medical staff doesn't even know the severity of it yet.
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:07 am

I can tell when it's going to rain by the aching in my bones, oh, and Halladay will be out for 3.3 weeks.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby socceryank » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:04 am

Tulaneball wrote:
socceryank wrote:

Having the ability to throw a pitch or not has nothing to do with the grade of injury. Unless you are on the training/medical staff and physically evaluated him, why would you even post this?

Not at all. Just making the point that it is not even plausible to even speculate right after the injury happens, and before the team docs have a chance to look at him. Just trying to prevent misinformation being posted, that's all.

I apologize if it came across wrong; it was late at night!
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Hidehiko » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Reported in the Jays game today...mild groin. Day to day and the Jays announcer suggested he will miss his next start as it will be a NL game where he will have to hit. So hopefully the injury is nothing serious... :-°
Hidehiko
T-Ball Trainer

Postby schmidty » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Hidehiko wrote:Reported in the Jays game today...mild groin. Day to day and the Jays announcer suggested he will miss his next start as it will be a NL game where he will have to hit. So hopefully the injury is nothing serious... :-°

Praise the Lord! ;-D (though we all know we have to see Halladay in action again to truly know he's ok) But if the plan holds, Halladay owners might even benefit next week. I heard the plan was to push his start from @ Philly next Thursday to @ Was on Saturday. That'll work for me.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tulaneball » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:51 pm

socceryank wrote:
Tulaneball wrote:
socceryank wrote:Having the ability to throw a pitch or not has nothing to do with the grade of injury. Unless you are on the training/medical staff and physically evaluated him, why would you even post this?

Not at all. Just making the point that it is not even plausible to even speculate right after the injury happens, and before the team docs have a chance to look at him. Just trying to prevent misinformation being posted, that's all.

Just saying the pissing contest is coming because a typical response to what you said would be "well i am on the training staff", which would probably be followed up with "well im the doctor on the staff, so your opinion as a trainer isnt as important", which would be followed up with "well im doctor andrews and blah blah blah". Nothing against you two, more of a comment on conversations I've seen here over the years. Just trying to nip it in the bud before it starts.
Tulaneball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby socceryank » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:37 pm

Tulaneball wrote:
socceryank wrote:
Tulaneball wrote:

Just saying the pissing contest is coming because a typical response to what you said would be "well i am on the training staff", which would probably be followed up with "well im the doctor on the staff, so your opinion as a trainer isnt as important", which would be followed up with "well im doctor andrews and blah blah blah". Nothing against you two, more of a comment on conversations I've seen here over the years. Just trying to nip it in the bud before it starts.

No problem at all; I do agree with you regarding the tendency of things here at times to regress to pissing contests. Thanks for giving me the heads up on my posting.
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby HipHipJorge » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:15 pm

So in a weekly league do you guys start him? I know the injury is scary; but the match up is pretty good.
HipHipJorge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby iltat » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:28 pm

He's been pushed to Saturday, I would start him on the off chance that he's okay.
iltat
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates