Peavy out a Month: Leg injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Peavy out a Month: Leg injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Peavy out a Month: Leg injury

Postby Skimo77 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:34 pm

AdvRider wrote:
sigriffey wrote:... pitchers running the bases is a horrible idea given how much they are being paid... all the haters of the AL can now see why the DH, as much as it sucks, has a place in the game somehow.

First Carpenter, now Peavy.

Two Cy Young winners sidelined for substantial time as a result of injuries sustained hitting and running. :-t

Congress got involved in steroids, is it time for Congress to mandate the DH be used in the NL? ;-7

So cuz 3 pitchers of the past years have gotten injuries from running the bases we should have them stop running and batting for good cuz of that.. .well then i guess we should institute pitching machines too then because i do believe a baggillion more guys get arm injuries from pitching than they do from running... i believe its part of the game... so as u can see i'm an NL guy, but i think pitchers should be accountable for themselves by stepping up to the plate ...
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AdvRider » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:19 am

Skimo77 wrote:So cuz 3 pitchers of the past years have gotten injuries from running the bases we should have them stop running and batting for good cuz of that..

hahahaha I'm not going there pal! :-b

The uncertainty of how long Peavy will be out is the beeyotch here. One or two or three months, nothing to do but wait and see.

Ha, Yahoo has Peavy as an undroppable, they should change it to droppable ASAP for owners willing to gamble that he's done for three months.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby thebawler » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:36 pm

I dropped him since there are only 12 more weeks in the reg season.....hes in a cast and I think hes gonna be done for the majority of the remainder of the fantasy season......can't afford to have that spot wasted especially since I got webb and aramis coming back in a month as opposed to 12 weeks
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm screwed if he's out for the season, especially if Beckett can't be more consistent. WHY PEAVY WHY
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Trebor » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:48 pm

RW now saying he could require season ending surgery...which sucks...but to be honest at this point, id rather just be able to drop him without any worries. this Peavy owner is beaten down and begging for "reason to drop him" mercy
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jfg » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:17 pm

I could see the Padres trying to bring him back to boost offseason trade value but I highly doubt he comes back this season.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Yahoo! Sports Reported:
Jun 15 RHP Jake Peavy had the solid cast on his right ankle (strained posterior tibialis) replaced by a walking cast after one day.

the solid cast was supposed to be on for a month...anyone buying this report? if it's true he will most likely only miss a month, not 12 weeks. i think dropping peavy at this point is a bit premature considering how good of a pitcher he could be. i would wait another week or 2 at the very least just too see how much more information comes out and we still havn't got a definate that its 12 weeks unless i missed a report, then my apologies.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mashug » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm

I Agree. I'm won't drop him until I hear for sure that he's out for more than a month. He pitched fine with it, and now he's in a walking cast. Getting 8-10 starts from Peavy would be worth hogging up a DL spot for .
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trebor » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:02 am

Mashug wrote:I Agree. I'm won't drop him until I hear for sure that he's out for more than a month. He pitched fine with it, and now he's in a walking cast. Getting 8-10 starts from Peavy would be worth hogging up a DL spot for .

i totally agree with this...thing is everything i read is 8-12 weeks or maybe season ending surgery. i havent read 4 weeks talk in awhile. that and we only have 2 DL spots in my league and with, get ready for this, Hamilton-Votto-Kazmir-Peavy-and now D.Span all on the DL...im almost hoping the which one to cut decision is made for me...
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eneric » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Mashug wrote:
eneric wrote:This sucks for me too!! I've been blowing away the competition in my 13 roto league as I've got a 20 point lead and have for the past month. Good thing is that Peavy isn't really the reason my team was doing so well. Sure it sucks that he's out but I have Zambrano, Beckett, Price & Buehrle still so all is not lost. I've been talking SO much smack this past month everyone else in my league is cheering that my ace went down but hey so did Halladay and Bedard so that does help a bit in compensating for all Peavy owners.

No offense, but talking smack this early in the season is a very bad idea.I had a nice lead too, but kept my mouth shut, as I always do. You never know what could happen, and you may have to approach these guys for trades.The rest of the league is more likely to deal with you if you haven't been shoving it in their faces all year.

No matter how big of a lead you have, you should always try to improve. Guys get injured and go into slumps. I lost Peavy, Reyes, Aramis Ramirez, Kazmir and on a smaller scale, Escobar, who I held on the DL all year to watch him pitch 5 innings. Constant trades and pickups are the only thing keeping me in the running. Peavy was actually part o that plan. I just trade for him. Sucks!

LMAO!! Yeah I know that it's WAY too early to begin talking smack but if you knew the guys in this league you would understand why I can't resist. Trust me they're all good at shoving it in your face at any given time. I know all these owners pretty well and I know their trade habits, who they value and what I can and can't get from them for the most part. The guy who I'm laying it on thick never trades with me and he talks more shit than anyone besides myself. I'm mostly joking of course when I tell them that it's my pleasure mudering their vaginas day after day. It's just fun to read their responses and that's why I do it. Right now I have a 30 point lead over second place and he has Halladay so I'm not too worried.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates