To Yahoo Genie: small request... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

To Yahoo Genie: small request...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

To Yahoo Genie: small request...

Postby Mortician » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Is there any chance that career batter vs. opposing pitcher could be a stat to be viewed on your team page. The matchup star rating shows up twice (once under matchup rating and once under research). Could that space be used to show a batters career batting against the pitcher he's against that day. Or maybe under "Opponents", where it lists the opposing pitcher, or even as a sortable option under the "players" list. It gets kind of annoying clicking on every player profile to find out that info. It is extremely useful in determining lineups, especially when you have two similar value players at the same position and the lefty/righty matchups are both in/out of favor. If I see my backup is, say 8 for 17 career with 2 HR against the opposing pitcher, You can be sure I'm finding a way to get him in my lineup. I was very happy and extremely grateful when yahoo changed a while ago to posting under the opponents tab: the opposing pitcher, his stats and most importantly whether he is LHP or RHP without having to look at every individual page if i didnt know what side the pitcher threw from. But i think that career batter vs. pitcher would be a great addition to the team page. I check all my batters profile pages for this info every day, and it has been extremely beneficial to my fantasy performance and i would encourage others to utilize this info with their teams as well. If it was able to be listed more easily, I believe everyone would benefit.
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: To Yahoo Genie: small request...

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Bwanna made an script that does exactly this and Ive been using it all year heres the link:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9143

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby drunkmonkey » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 pm

While we're making requests...I'd like to see a "global" watch list, which I can view from any of my leagues.
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mortician » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Bwanna made an script that does exactly this and Ive been using it all year heres the link:

doesn't work.... under the discussion it says to click the "show details" link under the matchup ratings page, but there is none
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Mortician wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:Bwanna made an script that does exactly this and Ive been using it all year heres the link:

doesn't work.... under the discussion it says to click the "show details" link under the matchup ratings page, but there is none

User (you) error does not mean it doesn't work. I just tried it and had no problems. On this PC I'm using right now I only have an older FireFox version 2.whatever. I had to install the Greasemonkey Firefox addon first though per the instructions.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrbo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Mortician wrote:

Works for me. After you click Matchup Ratings, next to "Comment" there should be a Show Details link.
mrbo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Mortician wrote:

Well you have to have firefox and greesemonkey installed if you didnt do that if you have any more problems just pm bwanna

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Mortician » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:41 pm

wildbill wrote:
Mortician wrote:

User (you) error does not mean it doesn't work. I just tried it and had no problems. On this PC I'm using right now I only have an older FireFox version 2.whatever. I had to install the Greasemonkey Firefox addon first though per the instructions.

Well, that would have made things simpler if you stated that first............. Never heard of greasemonkey. I guess That would be why its not working. Thats not user error. That's instructional error. I'll try that
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mortician » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Works perfectly now..... Thanks guys! Never heard of userscripts before. I just went to the link and clicked install and a page jumped up with the programming code. It didn't seem like it installed, but i figured it did. The greasemonkey thing was what did the trick. Works perfectly now..... Thanks guys! Even better than i had wanted too!
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Glad you got Bwanna's script working. At the time we added the column about the opposing pitcher, we had initially implemented something quite a bit like what Bwanna did, with stats about the matchup and so on. The decision was made here that it was too cluttered and did more harm than good. I personally liked it more the way you're suggesting, but I just write the code :-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers