Interleague Update: June 12-14 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Interleague Update: June 12-14

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Interleague Update: June 12-14

Postby WebHamster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 am

This thread contains comments on R.J. White's Article "Interleague Update: June 12-14", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on June 11, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 557)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Interleague Update: June 12-14

Postby mac-unit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am

Murphy doesn't play OF anymore so he won't factor into the 3rd OF spot. He has been at 1B vs righties and the bench vs lefties, so the last OF spot should be F-Mart with Reed coming off the bench.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bcavaiola » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 pm

RJ:

Thoughts on the Cleveland and Texas DL situation?

Especially as it pertains to Blalock and Hafner... I picked up Overbay for this upcoming week to play 1B - and am benching Blalock. Id like to start Blalock or Hafner the week of June 15th, but I fear they are riding pine.

As a side, it appears that Blalock is now sitting against all left handed starters on a consistent basis- same with Hafner. I was hoping Chris Davis would be the one to sit; Blalock would play 1st and Id live happily ever after in fantasy land. Thoughts?

Thanks,
BC
bcavaiola
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby daullaz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 pm

mac-unit wrote:Murphy doesn't play OF anymore so he won't factor into the 3rd OF spot. He has been at 1B vs righties and the bench vs lefties, so the last OF spot should be F-Mart with Reed coming off the bench.

Thanks. I know he's been spending a lot of time at first lately, but I didn't realize he hasn't been in the OF at all.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby daullaz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:35 pm

bcavaiola wrote:RJ:

Thoughts on the Cleveland and Texas DL situation?

Especially as it pertains to Blalock and Hafner... I picked up Overbay for this upcoming week to play 1B - and am benching Blalock. Id like to start Blalock or Hafner the week of June 15th, but I fear they are riding pine.

As a side, it appears that Blalock is now sitting against all left handed starters on a consistent basis- same with Hafner. I was hoping Chris Davis would be the one to sit; Blalock would play 1st and Id live happily ever after in fantasy land. Thoughts?

Thanks,
BC

With how awful Chris Davis has been, I think the Rangers might stick Hank at 1B during the Fri-Sun no-DH games. Both are lefties, so there likely won't be a platoon.

I definitely don't anticipate the Indians playing Hafner in the field when they travel to NL parks.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Return to Article Discussions