I wish Yahoo would fix that dang rankings glitch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I wish Yahoo would fix that dang rankings glitch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that dang rankings glitch

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Alright, it's working better but none of the pitchers ranked between 323 and 463 have pitched an inning this year. All the Chad Foxes and Tomo Ohkas have been pushed back to where they belong though, which is halfway to where we want it. ;-D

That sounds quite likely correct, however. I'd expect that at some point you'd hit a wall in the rankings. All the guys who haven't pitched at all naturally should be clustered together, as they have identical stats. Guys below that point are guys that effectively would have done you more harm than good to have used. In the case of pitchers, the benefit of their wins/saves/K's would have been more than counteracted by the harm done by their ERA and WHIP.

Take it to an extreme. If a guy has 0 wins, 0 K's, and 0 saves, and has an ERA of 38.84 and a WHIP of 4.14 in many innings pitched, surely he's worth less than the guys who haven't pitched. Right? The rankings are now showing you where we believe that "Mendoza line" to be.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that dang rankings glitch

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:42 pm

yup, there are a lot of players that have negative value because they only hurt you. they should be ranked below people that have done nothing.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers