I wish Yahoo would fix that dang rankings glitch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I wish Yahoo would fix that dang rankings glitch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I wish Yahoo would fix that dang rankings glitch

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:07 pm

You know, the one where pitchers throw 0-10 innings and no matter how well they do or even if they don't play whatsoever, they get a ranking between 300 and 600. Rod Barajas was ranked 260-something last week and this week he's 602. Ranking FA pitchers is useless because there's decent players buried in the 600 range but they're hard to find.

Come on, Genie, any word on fixing this?
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

i HATE the O-Rank and % Owned. those are the 2 that show up first in a trade proposal. ive had other owners get upset and say a trade isnt even close because all they look at is the O-Rank and % Owned.
the O-Rank i assume is their preseason rank, which should never change.
the % Owned is so usless. there are way too many yahoo leagues where owners have completely given up or dont pay attention to their team that the % owned is flawed. there are players that should not be owned at all like Rickie Weeks who is done for the season, yet he is still owned by 21% in yahoo leagues.
the O-Rank i can understand, but the % Owned has no business showing up in a trade proposal.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 77)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby Ursa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:42 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:there are players that should not be owned at all like Rickie Weeks who is done for the season, yet he is still owned by 21% in yahoo leagues.
the O-Rank i can understand, but the % Owned has no business showing up in a trade proposal.

Agreed about % owned being of little use in and of itself. Many of the 21% still owning Weeks are in keeper or dynasty leagues though. I'm assuming Yahoo don't differentiate between these and redrafts?
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1935
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Minneapolis

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby coma » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:44 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:i HATE the O-Rank and % Owned. those are the 2 that show up first in a trade proposal. ive had other owners get upset and say a trade isnt even close because all they look at is the O-Rank and % Owned.
the O-Rank i assume is their preseason rank, which should never change.
the % Owned is so usless. there are way too many yahoo leagues where owners have completely given up or dont pay attention to their team that the % owned is flawed. there are players that should not be owned at all like Rickie Weeks who is done for the season, yet he is still owned by 21% in yahoo leagues.
the O-Rank i can understand, but the % Owned has no business showing up in a trade proposal.


I thought I read somewhere that O-Rank is a preseason rank that takes the past 3 years or something like that into account. Could be wrong.

% Owned is dumb. It definitely shouldn't show up right where it is. I played with one guy who pretty much based his whole team on % Owned.
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1340
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WSU

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:45 pm

isnt %owned only counted for standard yahoo leagues?
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby fezzik » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Ursa wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:there are players that should not be owned at all like Rickie Weeks who is done for the season, yet he is still owned by 21% in yahoo leagues.
the O-Rank i can understand, but the % Owned has no business showing up in a trade proposal.

Agreed about % owned being of little use in and of itself. Many of the 21% still owning Weeks are in keeper or dynasty leagues though. I'm assuming Yahoo don't differentiate between these and redrafts?


I'd wager the majority of that 21% are owners who abandoned their team.
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:51 pm

fezzik wrote:
Ursa wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:there are players that should not be owned at all like Rickie Weeks who is done for the season, yet he is still owned by 21% in yahoo leagues.
the O-Rank i can understand, but the % Owned has no business showing up in a trade proposal.

Agreed about % owned being of little use in and of itself. Many of the 21% still owning Weeks are in keeper or dynasty leagues though. I'm assuming Yahoo don't differentiate between these and redrafts?


I'd wager the majority of that 21% are owners who abandoned their team.

Me too :-°
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby Old_Style » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:56 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:isnt %owned only counted for standard yahoo leagues?


That was my assumption.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby mac-unit » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Owned % isn't bad if you're looking at Plus leagues since those owners are active. But I still don't consider that a factor in a trade. I got an offer Soriano/Outman for my Markakis/Hanson and the guy said it was even because of the O-Ranked and Owned % are the same.
Image
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1059
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: I wish Yahoo would fix that damn rankings glitch

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:You know, the one where pitchers throw 0-10 innings and no matter how well they do or even if they don't play whatsoever, they get a ranking between 300 and 600. Rod Barajas was ranked 260-something last week and this week he's 602. Ranking FA pitchers is useless because there's decent players buried in the 600 range but they're hard to find.

Come on, Genie, any word on fixing this?

Heh... funny you should ask. This is precisely what I was working on before I got sucked into meetings and such.

I *think* it is fixed on my personal development box. I need to do some more testing to make sure I actually made things better. But I'm cautiously optimistic that this will get fixed sooner rather than later.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact