keeper league formats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

keeper league formats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

keeper league formats

Postby shilock69 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Hello, i have been participating in a head to head league for the better part of 15 years now and it has been an ever evolving league. I was appointed new commish for the first time this year and we are looking to possibly turn our league into a semi keeper league keeping up to three players. I am one not very familiar with keeper league formats and am looking for some suggestions. I am mainly looking for the most fair formats available so I can take it to my owners to vote on one or maybe even using parts of several. The other dilemma is which is the fairest way to run our draft order, traditional or serpentine . In the past we have always done a blind draw for draft order then simply ran a serpentine draft. So what is the fairest way to run a keeper league draft? I would be very appreciative for any input from anyone with any experience with keeper leagues. :-)
shilock69
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: keeper league formats

Postby bigmck » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 pm

shilock69 wrote:Hello, i have been participating in a head to head league for the better part of 15 years now and it has been an ever evolving league. I was appointed new commish for the first time this year and we are looking to possibly turn our league into a semi keeper league keeping up to three players. I am one not very familiar with keeper league formats and am looking for some suggestions. I am mainly looking for the most fair formats available so I can take it to my owners to vote on one or maybe even using parts of several. The other dilemma is which is the fairest way to run our draft order, traditional or serpentine . In the past we have always done a blind draw for draft order then simply ran a serpentine draft. So what is the fairest way to run a keeper league draft? I would be very appreciative for any input from anyone with any experience with keeper leagues. :-)

If you have been playing that long, you know baseball. You should try an Auction League. Bidding on players is much more fun. If you are going to keep players in a Draft League, you should not keep more than four players. If you switch to an Auction, you can keep around eleven players. The rules are a bit more complicated, but it is much more fun. In answer to your question, serpentine is probably the fairest in a Draft League. If you do an Auction, it really does not matter who throws out the player name first. Just keep it in the same order for the entire Auction.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Re: keeper league formats

Postby shilock69 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:49 pm

thanks for the input..very helpful, will throw that out there to the rest of my league mates.
shilock69
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Commissioner's Corner