concerned about JOHN DANKS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

concerned about JOHN DANKS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

concerned about JOHN DANKS

Postby gmartinez » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:42 am

i own john danks, and he is in a big slump...should i keep him or get rid of him.......im not sure about him any good ideas??
on the FA's list>>>>>bronson arroyo, paul maholm, chris sampson, jason vargas
gmartinez
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: concerned about JOHN DANKS

Postby Salty-Dog » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:02 am

i enjoyed danks last year on my team and drafted him late this year - he's sat on my bench for a while now, but same for me, those other options you listed do not have the upside or potential he does - unless you can't afford to or there is some ww pick up that is eye popping i'd wait for him to turn it around - thats what i'm gonna do
Salty-Dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:55 am

I put Danks on my bench a few weeks ago and he's going to sit there until I can package him in a trade or he puts together a few decent outings. I play H2H and he's killing my ERA and WHIP each week not to mention a few other categories since we play 11X11...sit him or drop him if you need to for spot starters.

Perlick runs a nice thread over in the "Who to start/bench" forum on waiver wire spot starting. Predictions for each day with info/data to support them: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=374597
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby BigRy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:24 pm

I finally gave up on Danks recently and added Scott baker...ah, what a move it has been. Baker looks like he has figured out his problems. His past two starts have been great.
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Surprised to see Baker available, but that's a nice switch for your team
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:10 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:I put Danks on my bench a few weeks ago and he's going to sit there until I can package him in a trade or he puts together a few decent outings. I play H2H and he's killing my ERA and WHIP each week not to mention a few other categories since we play 11X11...sit him or drop him if you need to for spot starters.

Perlick runs a nice thread over in the "Who to start/bench" forum on waiver wire spot starting. Predictions for each day with info/data to support them: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=374597

7.1 Innings, 5 hits, 2ER and 7K's...show's how much I know. Danks has great career numbers against DET and today I figured would be the start that ruined those numbers...sooooooooooo glad I benched him and threw Lackey against TB :*) !+)
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby beaverboy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 am

If you discount the wins category, Danks' projected numbers for the rest of the season are on par with what he did in '07 when he went 6-13 with a 5.50 ERA and a 1.54 WHIP. He was dropped last week in one of my leagues. But his next two starts are on the road at Wrigley and at Great American. So play at your own risk.
beaverboy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby harold_bush » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:38 am

beaverboy wrote:If you discount the wins category, Danks' projected numbers for the rest of the season are on par with what he did in '07 when he went 6-13 with a 5.50 ERA and a 1.54 WHIP. He was dropped last week in one of my leagues. But his next two starts are on the road at Wrigley and at Great American. So play at your own risk.

I don't think I'd run from Wrigley and the Cubs' AA lineup. That team is horrific on offense right now. If he can't step up against them it is time to cut bait. Both he and Gavin Floyd are avaiable in my league, and I'd pick up Floyd before Danks right now.
C- Montero/Napoli
1B-Pujols
2B-Cano
SS-Jeter
3B-Wright
OF-Dunn, J. Upton, Ichiro
UT-Chris Young
Bench - Carlos Lee, Pierre, Aramis

SP-Liriano, Wainwright, Jamie Garcia, Nolasco, Colby Lewis
RP- Wagner, K-Rod, Capps, Wood, Corpas
harold_bush
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LMack » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:45 pm

7.0IP 5H 1ER 0BB 9K, cruises to a win today ;-D
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Definitely a nice outing today especially following up on his last start. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue. He's not going to go out there and throw seven scoreless every night, but if he can stay close to quality start type pitching, I'll take it.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Injuries & Player Updates