Mountain Lion Vs Big Horn Sheep *GRAPHIC* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mountain Lion Vs Big Horn Sheep *GRAPHIC*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mountain Lion Vs Big Horn Sheep *GRAPHIC*

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:30 pm

We have tons of Big Horns all over Colorado. They are actually pretty smart and never get hit by cars/run into traffic even though they line the major highway of I70 through Colorado.

This apparently took place in Colorado. These cliffs are NEAR VERTICAL. But the Goats bounce about them really easily. It's pretty amazing. The Lions in Colorado are occasionally seen and also are nimble on these cliffs.

I agree with the poster of the site I got this from. The animals got in a tussle and both fell to their death mid struggle. Super Awesome:

Below are pictures and they are graphic so if you barf easily then don't look: These are from a Montana Trip apparently.

Stupid No Hotlinking

NSFW Ad's possible
http://ehowa.com/features/mountainlionvsbighorn.shtml
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mountain Lion Vs Big Horn Sheep *GRAPHIC*

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:36 pm

i'm guessing this link wont be up for very long
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Yeah that's pretty gnarly. Seeing pics of the hunt or "fight" would be one thing, but just looking at pics of the animals mangled after a fall like that, is kind of disturbing. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Of all the things one could post, why post links of mangled animals?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 pm

knapplc wrote:Of all the things one could post, why post links of mangled animals?

Cause it's awesome they obviously fell off the cliff in a battle to the death! The cat still has fur in it's mouth!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:23 pm

Graphic pictures of dead animals that fell off a cliff are "awesome." Gotcha. ;-D
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Sorry that I find the Circle of Life to be awesome. I can just imagine the epic struggle ending with a deadly fall. Whatev's it's natural
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:54 pm

The problem here isn't that the pictures are graphic--they're no more graphic that what I could see along the highway if I take a 15 minute drive out of town. The problem is that they are uninteresting. I was expecting to see video, or at least pictures, of a mountain lion and a big horn battling it out and having one of those interesting life-or-death nature moments before both plunging to their ultimate demise. Instead I got pics of some dude holding up the head and legs of dead animals. I'm not offended by the "graphic" nature of these photos, I'm offended by the waste of time it was to look at them.

I really don't understand why acs is catching flak for those images being too graphic, especially since he warned that they were.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:20 pm

I think it's a little of both for me Art. I do find the "assumed" story, of there being an epic battle, to be very interesting. However I find just looking at pics of the aftermath to be a little disturbing. Especially the close up of the compound fracture on the back leg of the Sheep. These pics trigger more of a "shock factor" for their gruesomeness, than interest in how the came to be that way. At least for me anyway.

I'm not giving acs flak, I just don't find the interest in the photos that he does. I watch Animal Planet to see the animals in life and death, doing what they do in nature....living, growing, fighting, dying. But if all they showed on Animal Planet was images of dead animals I wouldn't watch. It's the same thing with these images. Had they been preceded with photos of the actual battle, or even maybe even a a good first hand description of the actual battle, I wouldn't have minded seeing them. The images on there own just seem out of place. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:43 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I really don't understand why acs is catching flak for those images being too graphic, especially since he warned that they were.

Having an opinion is one thing. Being completely unable to grasp another point of view is, I thought, beneath you.

I'm not "offended" by these pics any more than I'm "offended" by the road kill I see pretty much every day on the highway. I'm not offended by Chris Rock jokes, but they're not necessarily appropriate for the Cafe, either.

Clearly, though, this thread has been seen by someone with the ability to move it, they've looked at the pics, and it's been deemed appropriate for the Cafe. No harm, no foul.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk