Ian Stewart= Make Ball Go Far - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ian Stewart= Make Ball Go Far

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ian Stewart= Make Ball Go Far

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Stewart has always had the potential to be a star, and I hope he's finally beginning to put it all together. It's nice to see what he can accomplish with some regular playing time; he needs to start everyday from here on out. If that means Atkins needs to be benched, so be it. He's an expensive player to have on the bench, but Stewart has the better bat and glove, and a future with the organization. I'd like to see Atkins traded for something, though it will be difficult and not likely to bring back anyone of impact. Still, trading Atkins would give Stewart the clear hold on the third base job.

If Atkins can't be traded, I expect Clint Barmes to come back to earth soon enough, and Stewart can slide into his spot. He's played pretty well defensively at second base actually.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skones » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:31 pm

I finally decided to let go of Kendrick last week, and as of yesterday I only had Adam Kennedy at 2B, which oddly enough has worked in my favor. With Stewart swinging a hot stick, I figured I'd pick him up for an additional option at 2B. Hopefully he keeps on swinging and keeps getting playing time. I think his batting average levels off in the .250-.260 range this year due to his strikeout rate but he's certainly a guy who could legitimately belt 25 home runs.
skones
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am

Stewart hits lefties well because his father is left handed and use to throw him batting practice. I DON'T expect Barmes to come back to life. In fact I expect him to be pretty viable for the rest of the year as LONG as he plays. The rockies have thrown out like 30 different lineups in 50 games or whatever. It's been nuts. As a baseball player you need your AB's to get in a groove. It's 1 thing to have 1 or 2 players part timing but everyone but Hawpe, atkins, and helton have been part timing.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 am

And now you add Carlos Gonzalez into the OF mix.... I've recently added CarGo and Stewart, so I'm hoping they establish a straightforward rotation with these guys (or just, you know, give them the nod every day) so I can predictably change my lineup.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am

George_Foreman wrote:And now you add Carlos Gonzalez into the OF mix.... I've recently added CarGo and Stewart, so I'm hoping they establish a straightforward rotation with these guys (or just, you know, give them the nod every day) so I can predictably change my lineup.

Carlos will probably get AB's but I don't know how good he'll be. I'd probably play im in Coors only
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Jays for Days » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

he made ball go far again :-B
Jays for Days
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fezzik » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 am

I just wanted to point out that Stewart has looked excellent so far this month. Of particular note is his dramatic shift in his K/BB rate...he's been much more patient at the plate which has benefited his overall performance substantially. He's definitely someone I would try to buy-low right now. When you glance at his overall numbers they still look pretty pedestrian other than his HRs, but here's his July line for 15 games:

.290+/.420+/.600+/1.000+ with 15Rs, 3HRs, 8RBI, 1SB, 12BBs, 8Ks
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers