Erubiel Durazo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Erubiel Durazo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Erubiel Durazo

Postby Dark Treb » Mon May 20, 2002 9:14 pm

I'm sure everyone's heard of him by now ... so I've gotta ask, is this guy for real??? I mean, obviously he's not gonna have any more 3 HR games probably (he's not Sammy ... right?). But still, what can everyone expect from here on out?
Dark Treb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon May 20, 2002 9:38 pm

Yes, he's for real. he's been one of the top "prospects" (using the term loosely) in the majors for some time now, and has almost limitless potential.

Unfortunately, playing time is still an issue for Durazo. The D-Backs tend to favor veterans, and Durazo sat this weekend against a lefty - never a good sign for fantasy owners.

A .300+, 30-homer season certainly isn't out of the question, but there may well be lots of did-not-plays on the way.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nkeitt » Tue May 21, 2002 6:48 am

I need to improve my power numbers - between Erubiel, Mondesi and Eckstein, who do you think would be the best pick up (and are they each worth dropping Beltran to get off of waivers)?
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Tue May 21, 2002 7:33 am

Durazo certainly has the highest potential of those four, but playing time issues take a bit of the luster off him, at least so far (hopefully, this will change). Either stick with Beltran and hope he heats up, or take a flyer on Durazo and hope he plays full-time or close to it.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 21, 2002 7:04 pm

I think that this totally depends on when you can make transactions. If you have another good 1b and you can make daily transactions based on the pitching matchup for Durazo, then he is highly recommened.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Baseball Leftovers