This year's Beckett/Satana - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This year's Beckett/Satana

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Stand Pat » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:19 am

Vladdy the Impaler wrote:
I'm from SD remember watching Ollie last year. If he can get consistent control, he's going to be an k machine.

he already is a k machine which is why i'm so interested in him... but that career 4.65 ERA and 1.50 WHIP is awfully scary... are there any other believers in perez this year or should i pass?

yeah, it looks like he's also a walk machine.
Stand Pat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vikes24 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:43 am

Jake Peavy- this guy is already getting love in magazines and websites so it may be harder to snag him but he had 156 K's in 194 innings last year and is still only 22. (although it is INSANE to let a 22 yr. old pitch 194 innings)

Kurt Ainsworth- another guy with an improved offense that should help his overall numbers and before his injury last year- had 55 K's in just 68 innings.

Clif Lee- another guy the magazines seem to be hyping as a future ace for Cleveland so it may be a bit harder to get him but has shown poise and struck out 50 in just 62 inings last year.
Vikes24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Katfish » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:15 am

Vikes24 wrote:Jake Peavy- this guy is already getting love in magazines and websites so it may be harder to snag him

I think I'll pass on Peavy this year. I like the guy, but that oblique strain could be trouble. There's too many others out there to warrant that type risk for me.

People in my league aren't real good with the pitchers, so I feel pretty good about any sleeper choices. Someone dropped Halliday after a couple of bad starts. I was 4th on the waiver list and I still got him!
"There's something kind of 'eee-yew' about a boy who doesn't like baseball." Foghorn Leghorn
Katfish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Vikes24 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:21 am

Katfish wrote:
Vikes24 wrote:Jake Peavy- this guy is already getting love in magazines and websites so it may be harder to snag him

Someone dropped Halliday after a couple of bad starts. I was 4th on the waiver list and I still got him!

If you play with such idiots- why even ask for advice?
Vikes24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jimbo OZ » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:09 am

Katfish wrote:People in my league aren't real good with the pitchers, so I feel pretty good about any sleeper choices. Someone dropped Halliday after a couple of bad starts. I was 4th on the waiver list and I still got him!

If you play with such idiots.... why play? :-t :-t :-t
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:12 am

Jimbo OZ wrote:
Katfish wrote:People in my league aren't real good with the pitchers, so I feel pretty good about any sleeper choices. Someone dropped Halliday after a couple of bad starts. I was 4th on the waiver list and I still got him!

If you play with such idiots.... why play? :-t :-t :-t

It's fun if they're family members or friends. :-D
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby red » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:09 pm

I like Affeldt's odds of breaking out. Not sure about Beckett/Santana numbers; but solid.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:29 pm

Vikes24 wrote:Clif Lee- another guy the magazines seem to be hyping as a future ace for Cleveland so it may be a bit harder to get him but has shown poise and struck out 50 in just 62 inings last year.

This is who I would be looking at late. He still goes undrafted in most 12 team leagues.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:18 pm

red wrote:I like Affeldt's odds of breaking out. Not sure about Beckett/Santana numbers; but solid.

i like Affeldt more than all other guys mentioned. Hés got the stuff, he got a surgery to remove that nail that gave him so much trouble, he´s got a great lineup with a park that moved the fences this year and he`pitches against Detroit, Minnesota and Cleveland.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby KULCAT » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:
red wrote:I like Affeldt's odds of breaking out. Not sure about Beckett/Santana numbers; but solid.

i like Affeldt more than all other guys mentioned. Hés got the stuff, he got a surgery to remove that nail that gave him so much trouble, he´s got a great lineup with a park that moved the fences this year and he`pitches against Detroit, Minnesota and Cleveland.

this is me by the way
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers