Miggy Cabrera comes out of game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Miggy Cabrera comes out of game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Miggy Cabrera comes out of game

Postby quitesanemax » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:59 pm

0 for 7... Ouch! I'm thinking that in a situation like this, where the guy has been struggling to swing the last few days, you might think about only playing him for one game anyway. Nope, not the Tigers. I can't believe this guy took the team to a World Series a few years ago!

Anyone get to watch any of that. How did he look? I mean, I know you really don't look good going 0 for 7, but as far as the injury goes. Lol.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtxdevil » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:40 am

quitesanemax wrote:0 for 7... Ouch! I'm thinking that in a situation like this, where the guy has been struggling to swing the last few days, you might think about only playing him for one game anyway. Nope, not the Tigers. I can't believe this guy took the team to a World Series a few years ago!

Anyone get to watch any of that. How did he look? I mean, I know you really don't look good going 0 for 7, but as far as the injury goes. Lol.

Max

Are you talking about when Miggy won the WS with Florida? Cabrera wasn't with the Tigers when they made the WS a few years ago.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:29 am

NO, I was talking about Leyland, but I couldn't remember his name, and was too lazy to look it up... so I put 'this guy'. Nothing personal against your Tigers either... just wondering how he managed it considering the bad decision he is making with Miggy... I seem to remember he did the same type of thing with Sheffield, but I could be wrong about that. With the way he handles the injuries, how was he able to take a team to a World Series? And I am not one who thinks these players should be babied... but if he is in so much pain that he can't swing the bat... you really need to rest him for a few days.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PavanoAllstars » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Miggy is 0 for his last 10... hopefully just a slump, I'm worried about this hammy issue, why not sit him Lelyland???? ugh %-6 %-6 %-6
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:35 pm

0 for 11, but then he finally gets a hit... and its a HR! That makes me feel a little better. Lol.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dalingh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Miguel is still struggling at the plate and with his hamstring. Does anybody out there think that this hamstring injury is worse than they're leading on to. Something that may hamper him all season long?

I'm trying to deal him while his value is still sky high. Morneau +, is that too much to ask? What about A-Rod straight up?
C Montero
1B Glaus
2B F. Lopez
3B A-Rod
SS Reyes
OF Hamilton
OF Holliday
OF Quentin
Util Bruce
BN G. Jones
BN Aybar
BN Morgan
BN Ibanez

SP Felix, Johnson, Lincecum, Johan, Sanchez, Wandy, Nolasco, Volquez, Beckett
RP Soria, K-Rod
Dalingh
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby swyck » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:29 am

Dalingh wrote:Miguel is still struggling at the plate and with his hamstring. Does anybody out there think that this hamstring injury is worse than they're leading on to. Something that may hamper him all season long?

I'm trying to deal him while his value is still sky high. Morneau +, is that too much to ask? What about A-Rod straight up?

IMO you can't sell him while he's injured, not for Morneau or ARod anyway. Why would a Morneau or ARod owner make that move?
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby hett2333 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Dalingh wrote:Miguel is still struggling at the plate and with his hamstring. Does anybody out there think that this hamstring injury is worse than they're leading on to. Something that may hamper him all season long?

what's the worst thing that happens? He goes on the 15 day dl? If anything this would be a great buying opportunity if owners are panicing...
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 pm

hett2333 wrote:
what's the worst thing that happens? He goes on the 15 day dl? If anything this would be a great buying opportunity if owners are panicing...

There is worse things than that which could happen... but I'd rather not go down that road right now. Point should be taken though. No reason to panic just yet...

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby justink15 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:36 pm

swyck wrote:

IMO you can't sell him while he's injured, not for Morneau or ARod anyway. Why would a Morneau or ARod owner make that move?

Because miggy was suppose to be THE top hitter this season, at least in the AL and he is playing through his injury so its not that bad, and people just assume its his injury that he has a minor slump going but he will explode at some point this season.
justink15
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates