McLovin' gets traded to Braves... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

McLovin' gets traded to Braves...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

McLovin' gets traded to Braves...

Postby Skimo77 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:29 pm

just heard via cnnsi.com Nate got traded for 2 pitching prospects and one outfield prospect... up comes Mccutchen!
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: McLovin' gets traded to Braves...

Postby djxskillz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 pm

cool his value just went up a little bit.
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Baronz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:05 pm

glavine released. Didn't see that coming.
Baronz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Skimo77 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 pm

so now that McCutchen is on his way up, how good do you guys think he'll be? Compared to say Nolan Reimold who has been solid... who do you think will fare better?
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby scott8534 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Good source of runs/steals....and has a little pop

great pickup for keeper leagues and possible help to you this season as well

I like him
scott8534
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Drob » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Ya know, this is friggin rediculous. I understand that his is a fantasy message board, and that most of you will be pumped about the boost in value to McClouth. And most will be excited about McCutheon coming up, but I need to vent.

It is near impossible to be a Pirates fan anymore. The front office is so incompitent. McClouth is a young talented palyer that can be a key piece to a playoff caliber team, and they trade him away for Charlie f-ing morton? I have a unique perspective on this: I grew up in pittsburgh, but now live in gwinnet county. I've seen gorkys hernandez play. Decent, but nothing to get too excited about . This was basically a cap room move for the Pirates .Why the heck don't they get rid of ANY of the other players on the team that they've signed to bad contracts. An OF of McCutheon, MClouth and McNyjer McMorgan could've been an excellent core w/ guys like alvarez coming up. Get Doumit healthy and spend some friggin money on 1 decent FA pitcher then they could've been pretty exciting over the next few years. If this was a one-time thing I'd probably be able to brush it off. But they've been doing this garbage for 17 years now. The people in pittsburgh deserve a compitent owner and GM. There oughta be fire in the streets of pittsburgh until these cooks are overthrown./ end rant.
Drob
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby djxskillz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:30 pm

yea its a sad sad day to be a pirates fan. future looks bleak
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:24 am

It's true though, it really is too bad that the Pirates haven't been any good since Barry Bonds still played for them in the early 90's. :-{ You figure in a city where they have the Super Bowl Champion Steelers along with the Penguins who are in the Stanley Cup finals for the 2nd year in a row that the Pirates owners would realize that the city wants to root for a winner. Charlie Morton is not exactly anyone to get excited about, but the Pirates didn't have very many good younger pitching prospects in their farm system anyway besides Brad Lincoln and the two guys they got from the Yankees recently (Dan McCutchen and Eric Hacker). So they got Morton and Jeff Locke (who's from my home state of NH btw!!) And an OK OF prospect in Hernandez. I feel for those of you who are still Pirates fans, and I imagine that when people go to a Pirates game nowadays they go to see the opposing teams (like when they play the Cardinals and Pujols is in the house). I sure hope it gets better for you guys. I'm a Red Sox fan so I have it good now but we didn't have it all that well for a long time either before '04. Peace!!
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates