Yahoo and Teixera - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Yahoo and Teixera

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo and Teixera

Postby Tigers1223 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:45 pm

They show that Teixera is starting, then he doesnt start and my position is now locked. Way to go yahoo, sweet system
Tigers1223
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo and Teixera

Postby mac-unit » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Tigers1223 wrote:They show that Teixera is starting, then he doesnt start and my position is now locked. Way to go yahoo, sweet system

There's late scratches all the time. He was in the original released lineup so that's what Yahoo put up.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Trebor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:07 am

yeah this is business as usual at Yahoo. they post the ^ or the x depending on the original lineup submitted by teams...they dont change the ^ or the x to account for late scratches, never have.

better check mlb.com if you want up to the minute lineups...
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby metsfan12 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Trebor wrote:yeah this is business as usual at Yahoo. they post the ^ or the x depending on the original lineup submitted by teams...they dont change the ^ or the x to account for late scratches, never have.

OR you can just click on the link that yahoo provides to the boxscore soon before the game starts to make sure he is in the lineup. I do that everyday to make sure my guys are starting/not starting and it is always correct from what I have seen.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trebor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:14 am

metsfan12 wrote:
Trebor wrote:yeah this is business as usual at Yahoo. they post the ^ or the x depending on the original lineup submitted by teams...they dont change the ^ or the x to account for late scratches, never have.

OR you can just click on the link that yahoo provides to the boxscore soon before the game starts to make sure he is in the lineup. I do that everyday to make sure my guys are starting/not starting and it is always correct from what I have seen.

actually ive seen several times where yahoo doesnt update the box score lineup to show late scratches either....

this is exact situation happened with Teix in this game mentioned here...i know this cause my opp. has Teix and i saw via RW that he was a late scratch (630pmish post), BUT yahoo still had him listed batting 3rd up until 1st pitch. (my opp. is slightly bitter at yahoo for that...haha...)

i wouldnt trust yahoos ^'s, x's, or pregame box score lineups 100% fully...ive seen then be wrong too many times & not account for late scratches. mlb.com & even espn seem to adjust in real time...
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates