Asdrubal Cabrera - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Asdrubal Cabrera

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Asdrubal Cabrera

Postby AdvRider » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 am

Dude has been a very positive WW pickup -- 38 2 27 7 .316 and that 2B/SS multipositional eligibility has been nice. Now this ... :-[

Jun 3 Rotowire Cabrera (shoulder), who suffered a dislocated shoulder on Tuesday, will have an MRI on Wednesday but hopes to avoid the DL, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Recommendation: We'll know more after the MRI results come back but it's a positive sign that Cabrera thinks he'll avoid a DL stint. "I don't think I'll have to go on the disabled list," he said. "Maybe I'll miss a couple of days."

Jun 2 Yahoo Sports SS Asdrubal Cabrera could be the ninth Indians player on the disabled list. Cabrera was removed in the first inning with what appeared to be a serious left shoulder injury. He will have an MRI on the shoulder Wednesday to determine whether or not he will be placed on the disabled list.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Asdrubal Cabrera

Postby CharlatanSin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:03 am

From The Plains Dealer:

"He's a potential DL," said Wedge, "I think he knocked it out of there, but we don't think it's too extreme. Still, there is a reaction to that."

He's having an MRI today, so we'll see. Still, it seems that neither Wedge nor Cabrera seem to think it's really major. Here's hoping they're right ;-D
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AdvRider » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:17 pm

#$@&^%! :~(

Indians' Cabrera put on DL with sprained shoulder

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Cleveland Indians infielder Asdrubal Cabrera has been placed on the 15-day disabled list, due to a sprained left shoulder suffered in a collision while sliding into second base.

The move was made before Wednesday's game at Minnesota, bringing the number of Indians players currently on the DL to nine. Outfielder Josh Barfield was recalled from Triple-A Columbus to take Cabrera's place on the roster.

Cabrera sprained the AC joint in his shoulder when he ran into the leg of Twins shortstop Brendan Harris while trying to break up a double play the night before. Cabrera had to be helped off the field in the first inning and was in severe pain.

Jhonny Peralta was in Wednesday's lineup for Cleveland at shortstop, with Luis Valbuena at second base.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gbill2004 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Any updates on Asdrubal?
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AdvRider » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:36 am

Wed, Jun 10 Rotowire -- Cabrera (shoulder) is taking grounders and hopes to be able to swing a bat within a week, the team's official site reports.

Recommendation: The injury is to Cabrera's non-throwing shoulder which should help in his recovery. We'll have a firmer grasp on his time frame once he's able to start swinging a bat again but the Indians hope to have him back by the first of July.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CharlatanSin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:57 am

AdvRider wrote:
Wed, Jun 10 Rotowire -- Cabrera (shoulder) is taking grounders and hopes to be able to swing a bat within a week, the team's official site reports.

Recommendation: The injury is to Cabrera's non-throwing shoulder which should help in his recovery. We'll have a firmer grasp on his time frame once he's able to start swinging a bat again but the Indians hope to have him back by the first of July.

So do people think Cabrera's for real? Will he keep producing at around the same level when he gets back? I had him pegged as a post-hype sleeper this year. The BA will probably come down a bit, but he should be able to hit around .300 for the year, right? As keep scoring runs at around the same pace. Or am I way off base?
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CharlatanSin » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:39 pm

From MLB.com:

Asdrubal Cabrera (left shoulder sprain): According to Soloff, Cabrera's symptoms have decreased a great deal. Cabrera has progressed into fielding activities and has been swinging from both sides of the plate. Soloff said the team should have a pretty good sense of when Cabrera can come back by the end of the week.
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:36 am

He was a big part of my beginning of the year success, so I am hoping he is able to pick up right where he left off once he gets back into the lineup... but we can only wait and see.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby devastor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:51 pm

when is he suppose to be back? isn't it tomorrow.
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:38 am

Read a few posts above. I"m hoping by the 1st of July still... but they haven't given a definite time table as far as I know.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates