need some veto help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

need some veto help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

need some veto help

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:22 pm

im not the commish...but ive been asked to explain my trade by the commish...as a few people have raised a veto

the guy im trading with is not new, he won last year...so he knows what he's doing

last thur, he offered me johan.magglio ordonez for my j up/ellsbury

i countered w j up/juan pierre....as j up and ellsbury would leave my OF a little too bad

he then posted the trade on the site(which i hate, but may help in this instance), and that he would give everyone until mon morning to proposed a better offer, or he will be accepting mine

i get the email this morning that i won the johan sweepstakes...as he really needed OF help(it was maggs, michael bourn, and jack cust)

now there is talk of veto.....thoughts? i am in first, and this would give me johan and greinke...so i feel they are just vetoing to stop me from bettering my team

i know johan and maggs for j up and juan pierre may be lopsided, but that all depends on juan pierre i beleive...and if both parties agree and think it will better their teams...why should anybody else interfere
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: need some veto help

Postby tuna411 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:50 pm

shawngee03 wrote:im not the commish...but ive been asked to explain my trade by the commish...as a few people have raised a veto

the guy im trading with is not new, he won last year...so he knows what he's doing

last thur, he offered me johan.magglio ordonez for my j up/ellsbury

i countered w j up/juan pierre....as j up and ellsbury would leave my OF a little too bad

he then posted the trade on the site(which i hate, but may help in this instance), and that he would give everyone until mon morning to proposed a better offer, or he will be accepting mine

i get the email this morning that i won the johan sweepstakes...as he really needed OF help(it was maggs, michael bourn, and jack cust)

now there is talk of veto.....thoughts? i am in first, and this would give me johan and greinke...so i feel they are just vetoing to stop me from bettering my team

i know johan and maggs for j up and juan pierre may be lopsided, but that all depends on juan pierre i beleive...and if both parties agree and think it will better their teams...why should anybody else interfere

Didn't I just read another thread in which you are in favor of a veto?

Here are your thoughts from the other thread...

ask him again to explain how this makes his team better. not just say it makes it better...that is not good enough...that is a canned response...not an explanation

i dont see how this can go through...and i would kick that owner out of the league next year for being retarded

Funny how things look when the shoe is on the other foot.
tuna411
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 am

hahah...yes, i guess a little hypocrocy never hurt anybody. my bad

i do see the other trade as something fishy going on...there is no way the guy lower in the standings can justify the trade makes his team better...but if he does...so be it

my trade: both teams have legitimate team concerns that are being addressed....his OF sucks, my OF is overloaded, i need a SP

im not in favor of saying you should veto just to veto, or that you should veto bc you dont thinkthe trade is unfair. and im not in favor of the "its my team, i should be able to do whatever i want". if you can logically justify it...so be it. if you cannot, and it smells fishy...actions shoudl be taken
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:46 am

i cant see any reason for a Veto here
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby yearbend » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:29 am

clearly they are just looking at the pre rankings and saying veto, but if you look at the actual rankings it is fine.

however, just looking at the names it does look lopsided to me and i would veto it

thank you very much for the sig, soty!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45974

^^ soty's profile page ^^
yearbend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner