Hamilton Update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hamilton Update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hamilton Update

Postby Tigers1223 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:10 pm

They are saying at least two weeks at this point. Could be longer, up to two months. But they are not saying that it is definitively 2 months. That will be determined at the end of his 2 week DL stint
Tigers1223
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:00 am

Well, let's hope he's only out for the two weeks then. But hernia's can be weird injuries. Didn't Ian Kinsler have one last year and he was out for the rest of the season with it?? I thought I heard Hamilton's injury is very similiar to Kinsler's. Anyone know for sure??
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:03 am

tantrix1969 wrote:any bets on which outfielder gets most playing time in his absence?I'm betting on Jones in 1 league and Luke Scott was still on ww in other I had Hamilton in

I think that if you have Luke Scott on the WW in one of your leagues then you ought to pick him up. I did on a couple of my teams and he's helped out tremendously with my power numbers this week. ;-D he would make a nice replacement for Hamilton in this case.
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheGinner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Rockfan616 wrote:Well, let's hope he's only out for the two weeks then. But hernia's can be weird injuries. Didn't Ian Kinsler have one last year and he was out for the rest of the season with it?? I thought I heard Hamilton's injury is very similiar to Kinsler's. Anyone know for sure??

If I'm not mistaken, Kinsler's happened in September, and there were no other options than surgery, so it wasn't like a June injury that put him out for the season.
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Fenway Frank » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:47 pm

thatguy27 wrote:Anyone know how his MRI went? A day later and still no info... Seems like a bad sign. I smell a DL trip on the horizon. As another owner who just bought low, I'm starting to question the move.

if you wann know how the MRI went, check out this:

http://ownersedge.fanball.com/article/2 ... Two-Months

they seem to be constantly updating on Hamilton (Reyes, too.) (i only care and noticed this because i'm sweating about news on reyes)
Fenway Frank
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates