Sean Rodriguez - possible call-up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sean Rodriguez - possible call-up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sean Rodriguez - possible call-up

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Per Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... LB&id=4125

With Howie Kendrick continuing to struggle, Sean Rodriguez could be promoted from Triple-A Salt Lake, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.
"He's really picked it up," manager Mike Scioscia said. "He's someone we're paying a lot of attention to. The way he's driving the ball, playing all-around, has been very impressive. [Salt Lake Manager] Bobby Mitchell can't say enough good things about how well he's playing." Rodriguez is absolutely crushing the ball this season, with a .280 batting average to go along with 17 homers and 50 RBI in just 46 games. Granted, many of the homers have come at Salt Lake, but Rodriguez also plays solid defense and could provide flexibility at third and in the outfield.

Yahoo also speculates that the Angels may promote Brandon Wood as well...thoughts on Rodriguez? He seems to mash the ball and has some decent speed...someone please fill me in?
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez - possible call-up

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:50 pm

shameless bump
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:50 pm

I just wonder if he will get the Brandon Wood treatment? Scossia seems hesitant on playing the young guys from the minors. That factor hinders my exuberance for Rodriguez.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rockfan616 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Lenny Dykstra wrote:I just wonder if he will get the Brandon Wood treatment? Scossia seems hesitant on playing the young guys from the minors. That factor hinders my exuberance for Rodriguez.

I totally agree, it doesn't do much good for the development of their youngsters when you don't give them a chance to play once you do promote them (like Wood earlier in the year). As great of a year as Rodriguez is having in Salt Lake, will Scioscia actually give him an opportunity to play?? Or will we be seeing someone like Maicer Izturis at 2B for the Angels and Rodriguez riding the pine like Wood did earlier in the year?? Doesn't make sense to me. His power potential would look great in their lineup no doubt, but will he play?? :-S
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mw24x » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:32 am

He was called up the other day. What do you all expect from him this year? I was offered him for Phil Hughes, who do you think will have the bigger impact this year?
mw24x
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates