Medlen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Medlen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Medlen

Postby OnceinDC2\1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 am

Did anybody see this start? Was this more him discovering what it takes to succeed or was it a product of facing a lineup that is strikeout prone? Interested to hear what everyone's take is on him.

p.s. Still hard to believe that the Braves think Glavine would give them better numbers than hanson or medlen. What is Wren thinking? Glavine is currently topping out at 85mph for the record.
OnceinDC2\1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Medlen

Postby uhhhjboy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:24 am

He faced the Diamondbacks... I wouldn't look into it that far. Give him two more starts
uhhhjboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby krsmith16 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:41 pm

I think Medlen's earlier problems were a result of anxiety. Obviously, this past start was outstanding, but he retired the last 11 batters in his previous start.

Obviously, I'm not suggesting that he has "figured it out", but he's very smart. He's gonna learn from his early mistakes, so I expect him to improve with each outing. He has struggled early at every level but gets progressively better.

Unfortunately, Glavine is coming along. Hanson will be called up soon. Hudson will also be back. I only see one more start from Medein before the inevitable move to the bullpen.
krsmith16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mac-unit » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I wouldn't look into him since he is out of the rotation as soon as Glavine can go unless he pitches like Doc Gooden. It's the only reason he is up.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Seatownfavorite » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 am

Could this be a blessing in disguise? I am in a dynasty league that counts holds, if he went to the bullpen and played well I could use a middle reliever like that, especially a starter eligible reliever. Honestly this all improves my outlook on him if true. :-?
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates