CBS sportline league help please (cheating commish) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS sportline league help please (cheating commish)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS sportline league help please (cheating commish)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:13 am

We have a possible situation in which our commish may be cheating. Our lineups lock 5 minutes prior to gametime on a daily basis. And all commisioner's retro-active transactions show up in red. Also transactions made for teams other than the commish's show up in red too I believe. But anyhoo, we have had several situations in which the commish activated players that were locked after the deadline. Twice the transactions were reversed and 3 times they were not (giving him post-deadline points in the process).

I know that CBS sportsline gives you a message that pops up in your lineup window when you make changes to your lineup on future dates or for days to come. And I also believe that a warning pops up when you make retro-active lineup changes on days that have passed. I did help our last commish when she went on vacation, and I cannot remember all of the display messages. Our current commish is claiming that he had no idea of what he was doing at the time. Some of us are thinking that he just did not know that we could see them under the lineup transactions page.

Could anyone tell me if there is a message that pops up for certain, and could someone please copy and paste what the warning says if possible? We just want to know how good his "excuse" really is. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :-[
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS sportline league help please (cheating commish)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:21 pm

this is what my commish screen shows. i dont want to click to make changes and mess things up, but it looks like you get the standard message like you would for setting it for a normal week, only everything is in red

hope that helps
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:24 pm

So everything is in red? And I am guessing that normal transactions made on the current day are in all black? The commissioner is saying that "all of his transactions are in red"....whatever that means. Does the page in which you set your lineup ever look all black and not red (before you do anything;which would take place on the current day I presume)?

And to get on the screen to where you got to (in the past), you had to consciously click on a past date (not just log in and blindly set your lineup; by having the site itsself take you to the wrong date)?

Can this also be confirmed by chance?

Thank you in advance again!
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 am

Krunk City King$ wrote:So everything is in red? And I am guessing that normal transactions made on the current day are in all black? The commissioner is saying that "all of his transactions are in red"....whatever that means. Does the page in which you set your lineup ever look all black and not red (before you do anything;which would take place on the current day I presume)?

And to get on the screen to where you got to (in the past), you had to consciously click on a past date (not just log in and blindly set your lineup; by having the site itsself take you to the wrong date)?

yes...Red is only for past dates, or if i am looking at another teams lineup. and yes, i had to click on a past week

hope that helps...if not PM me
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigmck » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:So everything is in red? And I am guessing that normal transactions made on the current day are in all black? The commissioner is saying that "all of his transactions are in red"....whatever that means. Does the page in which you set your lineup ever look all black and not red (before you do anything;which would take place on the current day I presume)?

I am a Commish. If I make a roster change on my team, on the Transaction List, it will appear black. just like yours. If I make one for your team it is red. If I want to go in and backdate a player move for my team, I must put a checkmark in a box and it brings up the date box. I then change the date and click OK. These will come up in red on the Transaction List. It can't be done by accident. There are too many steps involved. Your Commish is cheating.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Return to Commissioner's Corner