Return to Baseball Leftovers

TWICE IN ONE DAY!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

TWICE IN ONE DAY!!!!

Postby it'sbeenawhile » Mon May 20, 2002 8:55 pm

I've just been offered a trade and had some questions:

I get Eckstein, R. Palmeiro
I give Carlos Lee and Mussina

Now, I haven't even considered taking this trade, but I have thought about offering Colon instead of Mussina. My only problem would be what and where to put Eckstein and Palmeiro.

I have Uribe and Mora platooning at SS right now as I was so graciously advised. I think Eckstein could be a permanent SS and Uribe could possibly make it to the utility spot for games at Coor's field. This means demoting to the bench or dropping Mora.
My situation with Palmeiro would be the same. I have Zeile and Durazo (I picked him up as quickly as I could) at first base. Now, how much time will Durazo see behind Colbrunn and Grace? And secondly it would be difficult to platoon Zeile (with Palmeiro or Durazo at first) and Uribe (with Eckstein at SS) at the same time seeing as they play for the same team and I would want them both playing when they're at home. One of them would not play very often.
Any solutions? One thought I had was to go after one of this guys outfielders because giving up Lee would leave a spot open that presently only Mora would fill.

So....

I offer Mussina and C. Lee
I get Eckstein and Garrett Anderson

I don't think he'd bite on this. Second option is just going with the status quo. Any suggestions?

Ok, my fingers are getting tired.
Shreeps
it'sbeenawhile

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon May 20, 2002 9:46 pm

I'd bite on that second offer if I were the other team. I think you should definitely keep Mussina out of these talks. Even substituting Colon for Mussina, I think you're not improving your ss situation by much. Dangling Colon/Lee for a significant of upgrade would sound more attractive than going after Eckstein at this point, unless you can deal a lesser sp.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers