Votto... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Votto...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Votto...

Postby mhuhn23 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
3rice wrote:Just a rumor I heard, and dont have any link or news that supports it, so Iam seeing if theres any baseball fans or Cinci fans that can confirm or at least have heard the same thing.

There are some MLB concerns and a few in the inner circles who are questioning Votto's bizarre disappearance and there seems to be some claims coming about that Votto is juicing aka using PED's.

Now I hope its not true, but it would explain the Reds pulling him out of the lineup w/ the reasoning being a "mental issue" or "anxiety". The guy was crushing the ball before being sent down and showed no injury history. This being in his sophmore year after coming up for half a season last year.

Just somewhat disturbing that this could be true and how steroids makes you almost have to question anyone having overwhelming success.

Ok? So let me know if I'm forgetting something.

Votto had been using PEDs, and either on account of his own overwhelming guilt or fear of getting caught, he let the Reds front office know the entire situation. So as a remedy to allow his body to cycle out all the illegal substances (or maybe as punishment by the team), the Reds fabricated an elaborate hoax disguised as an anxiety disorder and placed Votto on the DL, all to not bring any suspicion about HGH Votto's way. And this entire scenario is fueled by the fact that Votto had been performing well since being recalled last season.

That seems so plausible!.... OR

Votto has had a pretty rough emotional stretch recently and is embarrassed for his fans to find out, so he asked the Reds not to disclose the reasons for his DL stint until he's ready to - and the Reds obliged.

I like #2.

This...as a Votto owner, reading the roto wire reports and seeing him in the lineup, only to bat once or twice or play a few innings to get pulled you could just tell something was wrong...when your in the major leagues and your team is relying on you, especially in your sophomore year, I'm sure one would feel obligated to perform...not being able to do so because of freak health issues would probably take its toll on the mind.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scientology » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
3rice wrote:Just a rumor I heard, and dont have any link or news that supports it, so Iam seeing if theres any baseball fans or Cinci fans that can confirm or at least have heard the same thing.

There are some MLB concerns and a few in the inner circles who are questioning Votto's bizarre disappearance and there seems to be some claims coming about that Votto is juicing aka using PED's.

Now I hope its not true, but it would explain the Reds pulling him out of the lineup w/ the reasoning being a "mental issue" or "anxiety". The guy was crushing the ball before being sent down and showed no injury history. This being in his sophmore year after coming up for half a season last year.

Just somewhat disturbing that this could be true and how steroids makes you almost have to question anyone having overwhelming success.

Ok? So let me know if I'm forgetting something.

Votto had been using PEDs, and either on account of his own overwhelming guilt or fear of getting caught, he let the Reds front office know the entire situation. So as a remedy to allow his body to cycle out all the illegal substances (or maybe as punishment by the team), the Reds fabricated an elaborate hoax disguised as an anxiety disorder and placed Votto on the DL, all to not bring any suspicion about HGH Votto's way. And this entire scenario is fueled by the fact that Votto had been performing well since being recalled last season.

That seems so plausible!.... OR

Votto has had a pretty rough emotional stretch recently and is embarrassed for his fans to find out, so he asked the Reds not to disclose the reasons for his DL stint until he's ready to - and the Reds obliged.

I like #2.

Call me an optimist, as I like #2 as well!
3rice... your reeealy stretching. You think him leaving games was part of "the big cover up"? Also, where are these "inner circles" you speak of?
I think Joey has some anxiety issues or something like that. From a baseball fan and a Votto owner, I really hope he knocks the cover off the ball tonight!
scientology
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kearney » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Joey Votto (stress) has joined the rest of his teammates in Toronto, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer's John Fay.
The club still hasn't announced whether he'll be activated in time for Tuesday's game, but there is a scheduled media session with Votto this afternoon. Perhaps he'll make the announcement himself. Votto hails from Toronto and would probably like to play a full series in front of family and friends.
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer
kearney
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:54 pm

He's in the lineup and hitting third tonight. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby schmidty » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:He's in the lineup and hitting third tonight. ;-D

Second the ;-D If you have him, get him in your lineup. This season has shown me that Votto doesn't need much "warm up" time to get back to mashing.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby coma » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Joey Votto informed the media Tuesday that his month-long stay on the disabled list was a result of severe depression.
Votto lost his father last August and the grief caught up to him this season as he excelled at the plate without his biggest fan. "There were nights that I couldn't be alone," he said. "The one night I was alone - the very first night I was alone - was when I went to the hospital. I couldn't take it. It just got to the point where I felt I was going to die, really."

Crazy, glad to hear he is okay though.
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby mkuz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:58 pm

As a Votto owner and Reds fan, both my fantasy team and MLB team have struggled without his big bat in the lineup. That said, I think I like the guy even more now. Good to have you back Joey! Now hit the crap out of ball! ;-D
i know i can't spell....deel with it.
mkuz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby scientology » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 pm

what happened tonight??
scientology
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football