Votto... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Votto...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Votto...

Postby coma » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:17 pm

So happy to hear he is coming back. Hopefully he continues the TEAR he was on before he left!
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kearney » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:00 am

Votto (stress) homered on the first pitch he saw on Saturday for Low-A Dayton and was able to make it through a full nine innings, the Dayton Daily News reports.
Spin: Votto will play for Dayton again on Sunday before taking the next step, and judging by his comments, the Reds either haven't decided what that step will be or haven't told Votto. "The biggest challenge for me is to play nine innings," Votto said after taking batting practice. "If I get through nine innings today " and I'm confident I will " and nine innings (Sunday), then I'll take the next step, and if the next step is heading out to Zebulon (Double-A Carolina) or Louisville (Triple-A), then maybe Ill head to Cincinnati. I feel like I have to play these two games first."
kearney
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby scientology » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:42 pm

kearney wrote:Votto (stress) homered on the first pitch he saw on Saturday for Low-A Dayton and was able to make it through a full nine innings, the Dayton Daily News reports.
Spin: Votto will play for Dayton again on Sunday before taking the next step, and judging by his comments, the Reds either haven't decided what that step will be or haven't told Votto. "The biggest challenge for me is to play nine innings," Votto said after taking batting practice. "If I get through nine innings today " and I'm confident I will " and nine innings (Sunday), then I'll take the next step, and if the next step is heading out to Zebulon (Double-A Carolina) or Louisville (Triple-A), then maybe Ill head to Cincinnati. I feel like I have to play these two games first."

Does anyone have any real news on what the hell is wrong with Votto? Is it anxiety attacks? I really hope he bounces back. I had him last year and grabbed him this year expecting him to be a stud.

Not just for fantasy baseball sake, but I hope he gets past this for his own sanity.
scientology
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:57 pm

DAYTON, Ohio – The Reds’ offensive woes could ease this week, if Joey Votto has his way. Votto has been on the disabled list since May 29, with what the club termed “stress-related’’ issues. But after a two-game, weekend stint with the Class A Dayton Dragons, the first baseman said Sunday he was ready to return to the big-league club, perhaps as early as Tuesday in Toronto.

Votto said he would speak with Reds trainer Mark Mann Sunday night, and also with manager Dusty Baker and GM Walt Jocketty. “We’ll have a little conversation and come to a conclusion what I need to do next,’’ said Votto.

“They know what I’ve been going through. They would be able to say, ‘Are you ready to go?’ My answer would be yes.’’

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009 ... +I+m+ready

:-L

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby BiggGC » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:14 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
DAYTON, Ohio – The Reds’ offensive woes could ease this week, if Joey Votto has his way. Votto has been on the disabled list since May 29, with what the club termed “stress-related’’ issues. But after a two-game, weekend stint with the Class A Dayton Dragons, the first baseman said Sunday he was ready to return to the big-league club, perhaps as early as Tuesday in Toronto.

Votto said he would speak with Reds trainer Mark Mann Sunday night, and also with manager Dusty Baker and GM Walt Jocketty. “We’ll have a little conversation and come to a conclusion what I need to do next,’’ said Votto.

“They know what I’ve been going through. They would be able to say, ‘Are you ready to go?’ My answer would be yes.’’

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009 ... +I+m+ready

:-L

I so excited!!
Thanks to WhiteSoxPride
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hett2333 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:58 am

To all Votto owners, do you have confidence starting him in a weekly league this week?
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Solar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:46 am

I'm starting him this week. Of course I'm in a really deep league so my next best option is McGeehe.
Solar
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BiggGC » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 am

hett2333 wrote:To all Votto owners, do you have confidence starting him in a weekly league this week?

My league locks at 7 pm . I'm gonna watch Reds live (pre game show) and be ready to put him in.
Other than that its risky ,there has been so many rumors about when he is coming back .
I'll try to give ya'll a update at 6:30 pm (if it hasn't been updated already)
Thanks to WhiteSoxPride
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 3rice » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Just a rumor I heard, and dont have any link or news that supports it, so Iam seeing if theres any baseball fans or Cinci fans that can confirm or at least have heard the same thing.

There are some MLB concerns and a few in the inner circles who are questioning Votto's bizarre disappearance and there seems to be some claims coming about that Votto is juicing aka using PED's.

Now I hope its not true, but it would explain the Reds pulling him out of the lineup w/ the reasoning being a "mental issue" or "anxiety". The guy was crushing the ball before being sent down and showed no injury history. This being in his sophmore year after coming up for half a season last year.

Just somewhat disturbing that this could be true and how steroids makes you almost have to question anyone having overwhelming success.
3rice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:02 pm

3rice wrote:Just a rumor I heard, and dont have any link or news that supports it, so Iam seeing if theres any baseball fans or Cinci fans that can confirm or at least have heard the same thing.

There are some MLB concerns and a few in the inner circles who are questioning Votto's bizarre disappearance and there seems to be some claims coming about that Votto is juicing aka using PED's.

Now I hope its not true, but it would explain the Reds pulling him out of the lineup w/ the reasoning being a "mental issue" or "anxiety". The guy was crushing the ball before being sent down and showed no injury history. This being in his sophmore year after coming up for half a season last year.

Just somewhat disturbing that this could be true and how steroids makes you almost have to question anyone having overwhelming success.

Ok? So let me know if I'm forgetting something.

Votto had been using PEDs, and either on account of his own overwhelming guilt or fear of getting caught, he let the Reds front office know the entire situation. So as a remedy to allow his body to cycle out all the illegal substances (or maybe as punishment by the team), the Reds fabricated an elaborate hoax disguised as an anxiety disorder and placed Votto on the DL, all to not bring any suspicion about HGH Votto's way. And this entire scenario is fueled by the fact that Votto had been performing well since being recalled last season.

That seems so plausible!.... OR

Votto has had a pretty rough emotional stretch recently and is embarrassed for his fans to find out, so he asked the Reds not to disclose the reasons for his DL stint until he's ready to - and the Reds obliged.

I like #2.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates