Strasburg on TV tonight!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Strasburg on TV tonight!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Strasburg on TV tonight!!!

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri May 29, 2009 6:35 pm

If you get ESPNU then you will be able to see Strasburg chuck it tonight. I believe DirectTV has the game, too.

7pm
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: Strasburg on TV tonight!!!

Postby BigL531 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Sweet, I believe espn will be randomly checking in on it too.
BigL531
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nsulham » Fri May 29, 2009 10:28 pm

First of all, how about those Cavaliers :-D

Secondly, for the first time I've actually seen Strassy pitch I came away pretty impressed. He only gave up 2 runs with most of the damage in the first. He was getting hurt on the fastball, which as some of the critics have pointed out, is pretty straight. Gosselin was sitting on red and drilled the one fb he got over the wall. I also noticed Strassy was just wearing his catcher out with balls in the dirt, which probably says more about the catcher than it does about Strassy. Still, the kid's got huge K potential from what I saw.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Padsin05 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:40 am

nsulham wrote:First of all, how about those Cavaliers :-D

Secondly, for the first time I've actually seen Strassy pitch I came away pretty impressed. He only gave up 2 runs with most of the damage in the first. He was getting hurt on the fastball, which as some of the critics have pointed out, is pretty straight. Gosselin was sitting on red and drilled the one fb he got over the wall. I also noticed Strassy was just wearing his catcher out with balls in the dirt, which probably says more about the catcher than it does about Strassy. Still, the kid's got huge K potential from what I saw.

I saw an interview with some Virginia guys who said they spent most of the week hitting from 45-50 feet, while still setting the Jugs machine at 90mph, just so they could try to get used to the speed. After the first he was pretty much unhittable, I dont think he was prepared to actually have anyone turn on his fastball. He showed how quickly he can adjust
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby DbacksRback » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 am

Pitched against Gosselin in my senior year ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby nate128 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:02 pm

From what i've read and seen, his fastball actually has movement to it and this is the first time i've heard of it being pretty straight.
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball