Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 8 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 8

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 8

Postby WebHamster » Thu May 28, 2009 10:28 am

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 8", which was posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by Bryan Freilich on May 28, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 804)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 8

Postby Fenam » Thu May 28, 2009 10:55 am

Hey just curious when Branyan or Chris Carpenter will ever make the cut. Branyan is having a fantastic year/career year and Carpenter is pitching lights out.

Otherwise I mostly agree, hate to see Grady slowly move down but it's bound to happen at this pace. :-t

I do understand that most people don't endorse Branyan and Carpenter is an injury risk but where do they get to the point where people begin to recognize.
Avid Twins fan.
Champion: 2009 Midwest Mayhem Fantasy Baseball
Fenam
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby daullaz » Thu May 28, 2009 11:14 am

Fenam wrote:Hey just curious when Branyan or Chris Carpenter will ever make the cut. Branyan is having a fantastic year/career year and Carpenter is pitching lights out.

Otherwise I mostly agree, hate to see Grady slowly move down but it's bound to happen at this pace. :-t

I do understand that most people don't endorse Branyan and Carpenter is an injury risk but where do they get to the point where people begin to recognize.

I've had Branyan right on the cusp the last few weeks. Unfortunately, he's starting to cool off a bit. If a few guys ahead of him go into slumps, it's very likely Branyan could take someone's spot. Carpenter just came back from the DL, and it wasn't in time to make this week's rankings. I suspect he'll be back in there next week.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby rookies and cream » Thu May 28, 2009 6:56 pm

daullaz wrote:
Fenam wrote:Hey just curious when Branyan or Chris Carpenter will ever make the cut. Branyan is having a fantastic year/career year and Carpenter is pitching lights out.

I've had Branyan right on the cusp the last few weeks. Unfortunately, he's starting to cool off a bit. If a few guys ahead of him go into slumps, it's very likely Branyan could take someone's spot. Carpenter just came back from the DL, and it wasn't in time to make this week's rankings. I suspect he'll be back in there next week.

Yeah. Branyan is close and Carpenter will be there next week. Lots of things happened on Monday to Wednesday this week, including Reyes and Bartlett going on the DL. These all will be reflected in next week's rankings. ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 46)

Return to Article Discussions