Tommy Hanson: will he ever come up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Tommy Hanson: will he ever come up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tommy Hanson: will he ever come up?

Postby Slayer Rules » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 am

B-Chad wrote:I'm gonna go against the grain here and so no... Tommy Hanson will never be up... ever.

I agree.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rockfan616 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:50 pm

mac-unit wrote:
Rockfan616 wrote:Let's make a wager of sorts...who gets called up first, Hanson or Buchholz?? I'm thinking Clay right now. I guess the Braves don't have an immediate need to call Hanson up yet. Kris Medlen pitched well the other day too, do you think they want two rookie pitchers in the rotation at the same time?? I don't know about that.

I'd still say Hanson as Clay is blocked more then him. Redsox have Penny as their number 5 and Smoltz when he comes back is 6. I don't think Glavine has much left. Smoltz, if he's healthy I think can be a pretty good starter.

I totally agree with you about Smoltz, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him pitch for the Red Sox. Penny however is probably going to be dealt, at least that's what I've heard. The Mets still have some questions about their rotation (Oliver Perez, about as big a ??? as you're going to find) and they might look towards a trade to remedy that situation. The Phillies too are looking for pitching help but I'm not so sure they would be interested in Penny. We'll see what happens, he has a clause in his contract that he can't be dealt before June 15th without being notified about it first. Time will tell if/when he gets dealt though.
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:54 pm

I read something on ESPN today, I think in one of the chats that said Hanson's callup probably depends on what happens with Glavine, even going so far as to suggest if the cards fall one way Hanson might not come up until sometime in August. So basically if you're a Hanson owner pray for Glavine to get hurt or suck really, really bad, or for something to happen to happen to one of their other SP.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:13 pm

wildbill wrote:I read something on ESPN today, I think in one of the chats that said Hanson's callup probably depends on what happens with Glavine, even going so far as to suggest if the cards fall one way Hanson might not come up until sometime in August. So basically if you're a Hanson owner pray for Glavine to get hurt or suck really, really bad, or for something to happen to happen to one of their other SP.

trust me, theres no need to pray for Glavine to suck really, really bad... hell do that just fine on his own :-P
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tigers1223 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:21 pm

I am really surprised that it only depends on Glavine. I mean Kawakami has not been that good. Why not send him down and bring Glavine and Hanson in? If Glavine gets hurt, make the 5th spot between Medlen and Kawakami. Personally I cannot see them sticking with a combo Glavine and Kawakami or Medlen, especially while Hanson is doing so well in AAA
Tigers1223
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mac-unit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Why would Kawakami go down to AAA? He only had 1 start this season where he allowed more then 4 ER. I say there is zero chance he goes down even with his consistency issues.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mattmurf77 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:14 pm

hes starting to bore me... anyone know what i could get for him?
mattmurf77
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tolleyjenkins » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:06 pm

wildbill wrote:I read something on ESPN today, I think in one of the chats that said Hanson's callup probably depends on what happens with Glavine, even going so far as to suggest if the cards fall one way Hanson might not come up until sometime in August. So basically if you're a Hanson owner pray for Glavine to get hurt or suck really, really bad, or for something to happen to happen to one of their other SP.

Good timing - Glavine was just released.
tolleyjenkins
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:20 pm

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports that the Braves have released Tom Glavine.
This obviously comes as an enormous shock. The Braves reportedly told Glavine that they were releasing him because his velocity was down, but that reasoning makes little sense considering that he was in the 83-86 mph range in recent starts. This news is an indication that Kris Medlen will stay in the rotation for now, and perhaps more importantly, it's a clear sign that top prospect Tommy Hanson could be on the way to Atlanta soon. Beyond that, this decision will clearly do some damage to the relationship that the Braves and Glavine had made so much apparent effort to repair. Jun. 3 - 5:56 pm et
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby haymarket » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:00 pm

He's coming up and starting on Saturday is what I've read. Medlen to the bullpen. Per Dave O'Brien (Braves beat writer with AJC i think)
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates