Tommy Hanson: will he ever come up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Tommy Hanson: will he ever come up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tommy Hanson: will he ever come up?

Postby frank69m » Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 am

Yes, I know there have been a million Tommy Hanson postings. But was wondering if he was ever going to come up given Glavine coming back?

May drop him since I'm not in a keepers
frank69m
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tommy Hanson: will he ever come up?

Postby yanks924 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:01 am

i don't see how they can keep him in AAA once he hits super 2 status or whatever it is he has dominated there all year 1.48 era in over 50 innings he has nothing left to prove there i have him as well its not a keeper so if hes not up within the next 3 weeks to a month ill probably look at dropping him (if theres no news on him coming up soon at that time as well)
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby frank69m » Thu May 28, 2009 1:17 am

Ya. Tired of waiting for him. And that NA position in Yahoo leagues is killing me as I need to pickup pitchers.
frank69m
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 am

yanks924 wrote:i don't see how they can keep him in AAA once he hits super 2 status or whatever it is he has dominated there all year 1.48 era in over 50 innings he has nothing left to prove there i have him as well its not a keeper so if hes not up within the next 3 weeks to a month ill probably look at dropping him (if theres no news on him coming up soon at that time as well)

Give all the recent callups and Wieters coming up tomorrow I doubt keeping him down for Super 2 is still in play. At this point it's probably because the Braves GM fell asleep on vacation.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tracklou » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:39 pm

I thought he would be called up june 1st here it is june 1st and nothing . have held him since the draft and with my luck the way the season is going if i drop him he will be called up and be a monster in the pros.personaly how long can you keep a stud like him in the minors before it actually messes with his head.
tracklou
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wildbill » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:19 pm

I saw something today, I forget where, that speculated it could be July, even after the break before he gets the call if that new kid that pitched yesterday pitches well enough for now. I don't know what if anything that would buy them if true.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Reeron » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:22 pm

yanks924 wrote:i don't see how they can keep him in AAA once he hits super 2 status or whatever it is he has dominated there all year 1.48 era in over 50 innings he has nothing left to prove there i have him as well its not a keeper so if hes not up within the next 3 weeks to a month ill probably look at dropping him (if theres no news on him coming up soon at that time as well)

Well, the first week of July would coincide with him no longer qualifying for Super-2 status. So that would be my guess. You've held him this long, why would you drop him now? Every week that goes by is 1 week closer to him being called up.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby B-Chad » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm gonna go against the grain here and so no... Tommy Hanson will never be up... ever. My belief is that the Braves will keep him in AAA until he becomes rule V eligible at which time they may call him up... seriously, did we really need another Tommy Hanson thread? As you said yourself, you know there are numerous other Tommy Hanson threads, these threads become ridiculous.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rockfan616 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:26 am

Let's make a wager of sorts...who gets called up first, Hanson or Buchholz?? I'm thinking Clay right now. I guess the Braves don't have an immediate need to call Hanson up yet. Kris Medlen pitched well the other day too, do you think they want two rookie pitchers in the rotation at the same time?? I don't know about that.
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mac-unit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:41 am

Rockfan616 wrote:Let's make a wager of sorts...who gets called up first, Hanson or Buchholz?? I'm thinking Clay right now. I guess the Braves don't have an immediate need to call Hanson up yet. Kris Medlen pitched well the other day too, do you think they want two rookie pitchers in the rotation at the same time?? I don't know about that.

I'd still say Hanson as Clay is blocked more then him. Redsox have Penny as their number 5 and Smoltz when he comes back is 6. I don't think Glavine has much left. Smoltz, if he's healthy I think can be a pretty good starter.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates