100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Grady Sizemore :(

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Grady Sizemore :(

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Magnus_CA wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:
skjelstrom wrote:I got Sizemore for Peavy :-)
Expect a second half OPS+ of 120 because that is all Grady knows how to do.

If the Indians don't shut him down first thanks to them being so far out of the wildcard race. Please keep hitting that reply button...you've nearly eliminated what little credibility you had left with your juvenile debating skills and arrogant tone.

Since returning from the DL at this current moment:

5/12 (.416 average), 4 Runs, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 3 BB, 1 SB.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Magnus_CA » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

You're ignoring the fact that at the time the trade was consummated Grady was facing a 6-8 week recovery period if he opted for surgery. Given the uncertainty surrounding his elbow, AT THAT TIME, Upton for Sizemore was not an unreasonable trade.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:48 pm

What do you mean, "at that time"?

Posted on June 23rd
The_Idiot wrote:Just trade Sizemore for Justin Upton. Good or bad move? :-o (Non keeper, roto)

and then

Activated from DL
by Chuck Murr of IndiansInk.net, June 23, 2009 at 1:57pm ET

Grady Sizemore Profile

Outfielder Grady Sizemore has been activated by the Cleveland Indians from the 15-day disabled list. Outfielder Trevor Crowe was optioned to Triple-A Columbus to make roster room.

So I still stand ground, it was a bad trade for the side recieiving J-Up, because AT THAT TIME, there was no uncertainty surrounding his elbow, as he was being activated from the DL.

And since being activated, he has been, well, Grady Sizemore.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Magnus_CA » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:11 pm

^you're right...my recollection of the time-line was off. It doesn't change the fact that there was/is a reasonable amount of risk involved in trading for Grady. It's more than just about selling off a struggling superstar. A few posts later I gave the trade thumbs up if the OP was the one receiving Sizemore, but I don't think it's grounds to diminish the integrity of his league as you did.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Magnus_CA wrote:^you're right...my recollection of the time-line was off. It doesn't change the fact that there was/is a reasonable amount of risk involved in trading for Grady. It's more than just about selling off a struggling superstar. A few posts later I gave the trade thumbs up if the OP was the one receiving Sizemore, but I don't think it's grounds to diminish the integrity of his league as you did.

^Agreed. If Sizemore was facing the uncertainties of surgery, I see the risk. My thoughts and posts were in reflection to Upton being acquired for Size the day he got activated.
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates